We seek a well-rounded researcher with a background in areas related to human-computer interaction, a passion for rethinking how people interact with machines, and the ability to envision how this can transform the way we work and live.
Researchers in our lab are called upon to:
- Track a broad range of emerging technologies that are poised to transform the human-machine interface and become deep experts in some of these.
- Dive deeply into application areas that are relevant to Accenture and clients, to understand where the most critical challenges, and most promising opportunities lie.
- Envision, prototype, and pilot new solutions to these challenges by applying deep skills in HCI and related paradigms.
The primary purpose of our applied research is to address important business problems by transforming the way people interact with technology in various facets of their lives including: the way connected workers team with machines on the job; the way retail customers experience a digitally-enhanced buying experience; and the way smart products can improve the way consumers live. In these contexts, we explore the impact of extended reality, crowdsourcing, physical and virtual robots, and more.
With this in mind, researchers at the Associate Principal level must be able to:
- Explore and define new research projects within the research group’s overall agenda.
- Build on ideas provided by stakeholders and managers to produce high quality deliverables.
- Execute projects through some combination of prototype development, empirical research and thought leadership.
Our researchers participate in collaborative research between academia and industry and integrate resulting approaches into our projects. As such, researchers are expected to:
- Participate in their research community by building relationships and serving as a domain expert when working with clients or client teams.
- Participate and serve in the research community (e.g., conferences, consortiums, workshops) and build university relationships.
- Explore and apply for research grants from internal (Accenture partners and clients) and external funding organizations
Influence and Execute R&D Agenda
- Pursue research projects agreed upon with R&D leadership, participating in both their conception and technical development.
- Supervise and mentor more junior researchers and research engineers to successfully complete their responsibilities and assist with career progression
- Build prototypes – bringing concepts to initial implementations – including design, development and testing
- Apply and reshape prototypes in pioneering engagements based on clients’ needs and drive toward successful deployment in the clients’ environment
- Continuously learn new technology areas that are mission-aligned to the R&D group
Act as Subject Matter Expert in area of expertise
- Participate in projects as a representative within your area of expertise
- Discuss issues or trends within area of expertise to raise client and/or Accenture awareness
- Act as a contributor in medium critical situations, either internally for Accenture or at client engagement(s) pertaining to your area of expertise
Contribute to assets/offerings and thought leadership
- Contribute to both internal and external thought leadership, both more and less formal, targeted for various audiences.
- Publish and present research papers in top tier conferences, workshops and journals
- Serve as reviewer, technical program community, and/or panelist in conferences and workshops
Enhance Accenture’s marketplace reputation
- Work confidently with internal networks and other thought leaders on key relevant issues.
- Demonstrate expertise internally (e.g. presentations to internal audiences, participates in community of practice, etc.)
- Build deep relationships with teams in partner organizations
- Build deep relationships with researchers from academia and other research labs
- Actively contribute to the technology community and establish external reputation as expert.
Here's what you need:
- PHD or equivalent experience conducting research / advanced R&D in an area relevant to human-computer interaction.
- 2+ years of experience creating prototypes that apply and test new ideas related to HCI or related areas.
Bonus Points If:
- Experience with Extended and Mixed Reality, Human Machine & Robotics, Adaptive design, Wearables and IoT
- 2+ years of experience developing products or prototypes
- Knowledge of user-centered design methods
- Understanding of user experience research methodologies such as ethnographic research, usability testing, focus groups, etc.
- Proven ability to help define and execute against a project plan
- Proven ability to collaborate and work in a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $83,200 - $168,499 and information on benefits offered is here.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
USA CA - San Jose
Applied Artificial Intelligence (AI) Research Scientist- Knowledge Graphs
Research & Innovation
Posted 5 days ago
USA TX - Austin
Applied Artificial Intelligence (AI) Research Scientist
Research & Innovation
Posted 8 days ago
Cloud Senior Developer
Research & Innovation
Posted 17 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.