Accenture is one of the world’s leading providers of sourcing and procurement services, we help our clients architect, build and operate high performance procurement organizations through our global and flexible solutions. At Accenture we partner with forward-thinking business leaders of the world’s most dynamic companies, to transform procurement and drive sustainable changes to their cost structures.
As one of the leading procurement Business Process Services specialists, Accenture excels at helping companies build the foundation for long-term growth. We are committed to delivering exceptional service through our exceptional people, and as an employee you’d enjoy a fulfilling career in an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Accenture people build careers in four different areas of our business: Consulting, Technology, Business Process Services and internal Corporate Functions. Each area offers a unique career experience and a compelling mix of work and training opportunities, work environment and structure for career progression.
Business Process Services professionals work on projects across a range of business processes, business applications and information technology. They may provide technology services, such as application management, infrastructure management and systems integration, or they may deliver business process services, including finance and accounting, procurement and human resources. Depending on the role, Business Process Services professionals may be based at a client’s office or in one of Accenture’s 50 delivery centers around the world.
Accenture is seeking a strong thought leader with deep category expertise for the role of Procurement Category Advisor within the Marketing Procurement Category Advisory practice. This position is specifically focused on sourcing and category knowledge in one of the following areas of spend:
- Marketing Agency as well as experience in identifying and implementing agency decoupling, having defined the decoupling strategy, approach and implementation.
As a Procurement Category Advisor, you will harvest market intelligence content in the key categories; infuse category insights and strategies into opportunity assessments, sourcing projects, and sales pursuits; and coach and guide sourcing project managers with strategic oversight on projects within respective areas.
- Develop and maintain category-specific knowledge assets and market intelligence that capture expertise / best practices
- Provide strategic sourcing oversight and category knowledge in support of the Sourcing Project Management function on projects within categories of expertise
- Infuse market insights into the sourcing process on projects within categories of expertise
- In collaboration with Sourcing Project Management and/or Procurement Practice Advisory, engage with customers’ senior management team members to provide perspective on current market trends to inform client strategic decisions/sourcing initiatives in line with business goals and objectives
- Leverage category expertise to support new sales and drive significant client business value
- Establish, grow, and leverage network of suppliers, industry practitioners, and procurement professionals within categories of expertise
- Work collaboratively with suppliers and customer stakeholders to identify continuous cost and performance improvement strategies
- Provide educational and learning opportunities to internal colleagues and external clients (ex. Webinar, Spend Trends publications) on industry trends, supplier landscape changes, and market intel within categories of expertise
- Coach and develop sourcing project managers in their professional development and pursuit of building category knowledge within area of expertise
Here’s What You Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 10 years of procurement/consulting/or category-related industry or supplier experience
- Minimum of 5 years of strategic sourcing, category management, and/or professional industry experince related to the following sub-category area:
- Agency & Marketing Services – (i.e.) creative, digital, PR; Media, & Agency Decoupling
- Post-Graduate degree preferred
- PMP Certification
- Demonstrated expertise on historical and current market trends, view of supplier landscape, effective sourcing strategies, and best practice pricing rate structure/commercial contractual terms for the identified categories listed above.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software (e.g. Microsoft Excel) and presentation software (i.e. Microsoft PowerPoint
- This position requires travel of approximately 50% to multiple customer locations
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.