Marketing Senior Manager
Organization: Corporate Function/Marketing + Communications
Location: Washington, DC
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With over 500,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Corporate Functions – Marketing + Communications
As part of this team, you’ll play a key role in helping Accenture execute its strategy. You’ll work with a diverse team of innovative marketing experts who focus on the following areas: global brand management and advertising; global events and sponsorships; internal communications; marketing research; media and industry analyst relations; corporate and financial communications; internet marketing; recruitment marketing; client-centric marketing; and industry, service line and geographic marketing campaigns.
YOUR ROLE: Marketing Senior Manager
The South Market Unit (MU) Integrated Marketing + Communications (M+C) team is responsible for executing and communicating “One Accenture” go-to-market initiatives across 15 cities in the South to amplify Accenture’s brand, engage our people, build client relationships and generate sales origination opportunities aligned with our South MU growth priorities and North America strategy.
As a member of our South MU M+C team, you’ll lead marketing and communications to fortify local market reputation as well as drive South-wide priority programs. You’ll build relationships with our business and sales leaders to bring creative, innovative and fresh integrated experiences to our clients, prospects and teams—creating a sense of belonging and advancing our growth priorities as well as what we care deeply about as a company including inclusion, equality, sustainability and new skilling. Channels of focus include Accenture or third-party led events, paid media, organic social, email, internal social collaboration tools and unique partnerships with our media and industry marketing teams.
This role includes a deep focus on Washington D.C. —home to a growing portfolio of targeted clients and prospects across Accenture’s 19 industries—to build our brand and consideration with local companies and recruits. It also includes amplifying our Washington D.C. leaders as business and technology experts invested in the long-term growth of the region alongside local G2000 business executives, civic leaders, alliance partners, networking associations and non-profits.
At Accenture, our people—over 17,000 in the South—are at the heart of everything we do. In this role, you’ll lead with thoughtful internal communications and experiences to help evolve their networks, build their acumen and skills, drive sales and marketing campaigns, make client and community connections and advance careers. We want everyone at Accenture to feel at home and have what they need to deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity.
Based in Washington D.C., the integrated M+C Lead will report to the South MU M+C Lead and collaborate across the MU and North America on a consistent, seamless, multi-dimensional brand experience for our clients and our people. Your time will be split approximately 45/45/10 between local market, the South on marketing and communications strategic initiatives and people leader responsibilities. This includes measuring success and reporting results to course correct as often as needed to help our clients and Accenture succeed.
Location: Current resident of Washington D.C. and familiar with the local and regional business community and landscape or ability to initiate a self-funded relocation to Washington D.C. within two months of onboarding at Accenture
YOUR EXPERIENCE: Basic Qualifications
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- Work Experience: Minimum of 10 years of integrated marketing and communications experience with proven track record of delivering results
- Track record in integrated marketing and communications, including but not limited to digital, social, events, and sponsorships with a focus on brand awareness, sales growth, talent and reputation
- Superior communications, storytelling and presentation skills
- Excellent leader and collaborator; with experience building effective relationships in large, complex organizations
- Understanding of the role of employee engagement, corporate citizenship, human capital, inclusion and diversity in a strategic marketing plan
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to develop and apply creative solutions to complex issues
- Ability to motivate, develop and maximize effectiveness of team members
- Demonstrated skills in leading teams and career development
- Highly detailed with a passion for well-executed deliverables
- Ability to work autonomously and independently, yet integrate appropriately with other areas of Marketing & Communications and other groups within Accenture
- Thrives on working in intense, deliverable-driven and deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
Set yourself apart
- Comfortable managing relationships with senior leadership and stakeholders as well as “rolling up your sleeves” in program management and execution
- Proficient with analytics and adept at measuring and optimizing marketing programs
- Experience coaching a team
- Understanding of digital and industry trends
- Professional services marketing experience
- Expert project management skills
- Expert budget management and financial reporting skills, including large budgets with multiple vendors and deliverables
- Familiarity with salesforce.com and data compliance
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
- Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement
- You’ll make a difference for some pretty impressive clients. Accenture serves many of the Fortune Global 100 on high-profile projects
- Opportunities to learn daily through training, assignments, and collaborating with experts across the company
- Access to leading-edge technology
- Along with a competitive salary, Accenture offers a comprehensive package including generous paid time off, an employee healthcare plan and a competitive 401K program. Learn more about our extensive rewards and benefits here
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
LocationsDC,DC - Washington,MD - Maryland,VA - Alexandria,VA - Arlington
USA NC - Charlotte
Diamond Client Marketing Lead - Charlotte
Marketing & Communications
USA MN - Minneapolis
Diamond Marketing Program Lead - Minneapolis
Marketing & Communications
Cloud First Domain Marketing & Campaigns
Marketing & Communications
Posted 7 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.