Organization: Corporate Functions/Legal
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 200 cities with operations across 51 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Legal and Commercial Services professionals deliver and coordinate legal, contract and commercial advice and counsel in support of Accenture's or our clients' business, working to manage and mitigate risk and ensure ethical behavior and compliance with laws and company policies.
Accenture is seeking a regulatory lawyer experienced in financial service regulations (with special focus on insurance regulations) for the US, on a full-time basis (part-time considered, but full-time preferred) for an initial nine to twelve month period.
Applicants must have at least 10 years of experience advising Third Party Administrators or Insurance Companies on transactional, regulatory, and compliance matters arising under state insurance laws, federal and state securities laws, and related agency rules and regulations. Applicants must have a thorough understanding of sophisticated financial products, including fixed and variable life insurance and annuity products. Prior experience at an AmLaw 200 corporate law firm or sophisticated boutique firm is preferred.
What responsibilities will you have?
• Lead legal regulatory reviews for strategic and complex deals including involvement in compliance work stream and negotiations.
• Work with external counsel to ensure Accenture is monitoring laws in critical areas.
• Work closely with and report to global legal lead for financial services regulation.
• Supporting the Insurance Compliance Officer during regulatory risk assessments and develop and implement creative, competitive and market relevant solutions.
• Lead early involvement in the development of new or expanded offerings and services to make them compliant from creation.
• Coordinate legal support from other SME’s required for the completion of the regulatory risk assessment, design and implementation relevant solutions and risks mitigations.
• Lead regulatory due diligence for mergers and acquisitions.
• Assist in the creation of the global insurance compliance program effort working directly with the insurance compliance leadership team.
• Provide legal support to the Insurance Compliance Officer in the design and implementation of compliance programs, including licensing requirements.
• Lead the monitoring of offerings or services or regulated entities compliance programs and implement required actions to maintain compliance, working closely with the Legal lead of offerings and services regulatory compliance programs monitoring.
• Develop awareness of Legal, Sales and Delivery teams on offerings and services regulatory compliance, and design and implement regulatory compliance training curriculum and appropriate training.
• Develop actionable solutions and practical tools/recommendations/guidelines for regulated offerings and services for Legal Sales and Delivery teams and Business teams.
• Manage the development and maintenance of legal/compliance knowledge management capital.
- Juris Doctorate (or local equivalent), licensed to practice law and in good standing in at least one state.
- Minimum of 8 years of insurance regulatory experience.
- Insurance Regulatory Expert
- Thorough understanding of sophisticated financial products, including fixed and variable life insurance and annuity products.
- Significant experience handling compliance and regulatory issues affecting insurance companies.
- Prior experience at an AmLaw 200 corporate law firm or sophisticated boutique is preferred.
- Superior skills with MS Tools PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Teams.
- Working knowledge of insurance regulation in the EU and APAC region.
- Superior organizational skills and does not require administrative support.
- Excellent communication skills, experience working remotely yet part of a team.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours with global partners.
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Unless expressly indicated, this role is not open in the state of Colorado.
USA VA - Chantilly
Federal - Contract Analyst
Legal & Commercial Services
Posted 2 days ago
Ecosystems Counsel Senior Manager - Strategic Partnering
Legal & Commercial Services
Posted 3 days ago
USA VA - Chantilly
Federal - Contract Manager
Legal & Commercial Services
Posted 3 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.