Organization: Corporate Functions/Legal
Location: USA (Within USA, location is negotiable)
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 200 cities with operations across 51 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Legal and Commercial Services professionals deliver and coordinate legal, contract and commercial advice and counsel in support of Accenture's or our clients' business, working to manage and mitigate risk and ensure ethical behavior and compliance with laws and company policies.
Specialty: Intellectual Property
Accenture seeks a seasoned intellectual property transactional attorney with at least 6 years of broad, in-depth transactional experience, including significant experience in leading IP aspects of mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, divestitures and software licensing. The candidate will be responsible for leading and supporting a wide variety of complex IP transactions across our business. The candidate should demonstrate an ability to quickly and proactively identify, understand, and solve a wide variety of IP issues, including patent, copyright, trade secret and IP transactional issues, that commonly arise in our business. The candidate will also be a valuable partner to our business by helping to develop and implement firm-wide IP strategic initiatives, policies, best practices, and training to minimize risk and maximize business outcomes.
- Anticipates, manages and resolves IP issues that arise across the lifecycle of M&A activity.
- Leads or supports due diligence, analysis, structuring, drafting and negotiation of IP terms and agreements during mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures, and related post-closing activities.
- Leads the management of IP issues on complex client-facing or alliance transactions and liaising with legal colleagues and business teams to resolve those issues.
- Drafts, analyzes, structures and negotiates agreements related to all types of IP transactions, including software licenses and collaboration agreements.
- Advises on complex licensing arrangements, including music, film, and image licensing.
- Develops and formalizes IP-related processes, templates and form agreements.
- Develops and implements IP strategic initiatives, policies, best practices, and training designed to mitigate IP risks and maximize business outcomes.
Reports to: IP Transactional Legal Lead
Supervises: Outside Counsel
- Education: Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school
- Work Experience: Minimum 6 years of IP transactional experience that includes managing due diligence and IP issues in M&A, licensing, and a strong knowledge of IP issues related to the technology sector
- Licensed member of a Bar of at least one state
- Proactive, organized, and self-motivated and works well in a fast-paced global environment
- Committed to collaborating with colleagues in the IP team as well as other stakeholders to achieve shared goals, build relationships, and be a strong team player
- Skilled in anticipating obstacles and risks, and developing innovative solutions in alignment with business strategy
- Analytical skills, business acumen, and ability to bridge the legal and business aspects of IP law by providing solid IP advice in a business practical manner
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Executive presence and demonstrated leadership in a professional setting
- Ability to manage many complex projects successfully, and set and meet priorities
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Unless expressly indicated, this role is not open in the state of Colorado.
LocationsIL - Chicago,MA - Boston,MD - Maryland,NJ - Florham Park,NY - New York,PA - Philadelphia,TX - Dallas,TX - Houston
Government Relations Senior Manager - Cybersecurity
Legal & Commercial Services
Posted 1 day ago
USA VA - Chantilly
Federal - Contract Manager
Legal & Commercial Services
Posted 4 days ago
Contract Associate Manager - Southern Region
Legal & Commercial Services
Posted 10 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.