Organization: Corporate Functions/Human Resources
Location: US Negotiable
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 200 cities with operations across 51 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Human Resources professionals develop and execute HR strategies, programs and services across one or more parts of the employee lifecycle to attract, develop and retain a highly engaged and differentiated workforce that enables the execution of human capital and business strategies.
The Mergers & Acquisitions HR Deal Execution team provides human resource subject matter expertise, project leadership and service delivery support in conjunction with Accenture’s M&A transactions globally. The M&A HR Deal Execution team function is responsible for providing HR expertise specific to M&A transactions throughout the life cycle of a deal, including due diligence, solution planning and integration phases. The M&A HR Deal Execution team functions’ primary stakeholders are the Corporate Development Function, the sponsoring organization of an acquisition (Operating Group/Growth Platform and/or Geographies) and the target leadership/HR teams.
The M&A HR Deal Execution Lead will be assigned to various M&A projects and will be accountable for the success, effectiveness, and on-time delivery of HR due diligence and integration work stream activities.
Due Diligence Phase (includes solution development):
Define and implement HR due diligence approach
Define and manage due diligence data validation approach and processes
Oversee and drive HR due diligence activities for each V&A deal
- Identify, track, manage and resolve all issues
- Plan the work effort
- Manage work efforts of team members and/or implement work plan directly
- Build relationships to establish credibility with the target company and internal and external SMEs
- Estimate costs for both pre-contract and post-contract due diligence
- Analyze and distill data into a cohesive point of view around the findings
- Coordinate across all key stakeholder groups, in particular heavy interaction is expected with Finance and Legal as well as Corporate Development professionals
- Identify risk mitigation strategies and actively communicate findings to Accenture executives
- Identify HR-related opportunities for discussion with the deal team
- Provide recommendations to the contracting and negotiation teams on contract language and structure as it relates to HR matters
- Develop preliminary solution plan for key human resource decisions, including but not limited to compensation, benefits, perquisites, retirement/pension plans, payroll and salary grade structure, incentives (short-term, long-term, sales force-specific, deferred), staffing approach, culture, HR compliance and policies. Coordinate with global and local Total Rewards leads.
- Manage the identification, approval and hiring process/on-boarding of newly acquired Managing Directors
- Participate in development of Performance and Retention plans for acquired workforce as well as execution of plan and award letters
- Plan, oversee and drive HR integration planning and execution activities for each V&A deal
- Plan for the HR process impacts involving (Accenture) non-standard approaches, working directly with the SAP and global HR process owners.
- Create and manage to an employee / HR transition workplan and budget, including leveraging and overseeing direct or indirect team members who are responsible for executing certain tasks
- Develop and implement “to do by signing” and “to do by close” HR task lists including consultation and communications, agreement to a set of terms and conditions, set-up and preparation of systems including SAP and payroll and initial inductions.
- Implementation or planning for execution of all agreed solutions
- Accountable for all planning and execution of employee communications
- Identify and solve for various issues/challenges
- Document HR activities that must be addressed during ongoing operations.
- Support ongoing HR operations to ensure all issues arising from and/or delayed during transition are appropriately addressed.
- Manage all handover activities to the deployed to entity HR
- Oversight and ownership of any lessons learned/best practices, audits, open issues
- Perform end to end global leadership role to include establishing key/critical target, sponsor, HR and partner workstream relationships critical to successfully execute the deal
- Mobility as required based on deals (~25%, dependent on deal cycle and need)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 5 years of Mergers & Acquisitions experience or equivalent experience including assessments, developing HR solutions, and planning/executing employee onboarding & integration activities.
- A minimum of 5 years of human resources or equivalent experience, including specific experience in conducting and leading due diligence activities, data analysis, employee mobilization and enablement activities and managing global projects/programs
- Minimum of 3 years in Total Rewards (Compensation, Equity, Benefits etc.).
- A minimum of 3 years of analytical experience
- A minimum of 8 years of working in a consulting or corporate environment
- A minimum of 10 years of leading a team and/or program management
- Advanced degree in complimentary field, highly desirable
- Experience implementing and / or managing organizational change programs, strategic initiatives and global processes. This could include people transfer, communication management, stakeholder management or the alignment and integration of people
- Experience identifying lessons learned and process improvements to support continuous improvement
- Experience managing client relationships and service relationships
- Financial background/experience with demonstrated ability to identify financial impacts
- Experience with legal contract review/input
- Employment law experience/knowledge in countries outside North America
- Financial acumen
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint Skills
- Strong knowledge of Accenture’s business processes and policies
- Experience managing complex aspects of transitioning groups of employees, for example process re-engineering, Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations (TUPE), culture, change management, integration
- Working knowledge of North America employment laws and potential impacts for transactions
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Experience leading and driving discussions with C-Level executives
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to effectively and efficiently manage self and others in a project environment
- Ability to influence team members, senior client leadership and 3rd party service providers towards desired outcomes
- Strong executive presence with high level of professionalism and confidence
- Strong oral and written communication, facilitation, relationship-building, and negotiation skills.
- Program Management skills in an environment that requires the ability to work and plan effectively with minimal direction in ambiguous situations, and manage the implementation of the plan
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing work plans and budgets
- Experience working within multifunctional teams such as finance, legal, tax, contract management, vendor management, payroll and information technology
- Flexibility and ability to work through change at a high pace
- Analytical skills
- Highly flexible, adaptable, and creative.
- Versatile with a strong work ethic, comfortable dealing with uncertainty, strong client focus and the ability to produce high-quality work
- An ability to work with a diverse range of people or having had responsibility for small groups of people as part of larger and sometimes global and remote teams
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment (adjust on the go, meet last minute deadlines, schedule flexibility)
- Ability to build effective relationships while working virtually
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Unless expressly indicated, this role is not open in the state of Colorado.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.