Travel: Up to 80%
Job Title: Life Sciences Manager – Market Access and New Economics
Accenture Life Sciences Commercial. We work together, innovating to bring insights, design thinking, and human ingenuity to enable commercial success for our clients. Our capabilities are designed to help our clients commercialize differently, in order to better capitalize on the advancements the industry has made through new science. We acknowledge that scientific innovation is not enough, as private sector pressures, regulatory & policy reform, the customer engagement model, and consumerism are driving change. In order to enable commercial success, we partner with our clients to drive foundational change by aligning evidence and economics to outcomes, bringing outcomes to life through experience, modernizing launch & competitive strategies, reimagining the digitized customer model, reinventing end to end marketing, applying intelligence to commercial models, and rewiring operations & capabilities.
A key focus area of our commercial work is Market Access and New Economics—partnering with clients to define innovative access strategies and capabilities at both the asset and the portfolio level. Our engagements range from data-driven evaluations of gross-to-net maximization across clients’ portfolios, to value- and access-focused commercialization strategies, to Real World Evidence strategies, to defining innovative contracting and partnership models to drive value for clients and their customers. This space requires that we bring not only life sciences and functional market access expertise to the table, but also perspective on the broader healthcare ecosystem—how incentives are shifting, new entrants disrupting traditional dollar flows, policy and regulatory proposals, and the macroeconomic forces driving both system-level and patient-level challenges in access to innovative therapies.
Who are you? A healthcare ecosystem strategist with a deep understanding of what drives pharmaceutical contracting, how the life sciences value chain is shifting to align incentives to outcomes, and the challenges and opportunities those shifts present for life sciences companies. An executive with hands on experience in the pricing and contracting process between payors / PBMs and manufacturers—potentially from either side of the negotiating table—or deep experience in an adjacent area such as drug pricing policy and regulations. A proven leader with exceptional project management and communications skills, as well as a passion for investing in and developing teams.
Your expertise? You have multiple years of experience in either:
Your passion? Defining innovative, access-focused strategies that get the right patients access to the best medicines available. Bending the cost curve in healthcare while supporting investment in R&D and scientific innovation. Constantly keeping a pulse on changes in the healthcare ecosystem—both private sector changes and innovations and policy / regulatory proposals. Pushing thinking beyond traditional contracting models to capture value for manufacturers, their customers, and patients.
• Advise clients and lead teams on various aspects of market access and product access strategy, including but not limited to: product or portfolio level gross to net optimization, pre-launch access based commercialization strategy, health economics focused evidence generation strategy, innovative pricing and contracting models, access and innovative model capability assessments
• Partner with client Senior Leadership to help successfully deliver against access, competitive positioning, and profitability goals
• Bring therapeutic area expertise and / or policy and ecosystem expertise to engagements
• Lead project delivery to make sure clients are positioned for long-term success with practical road maps for carrying out strategy, managing change, evolving operations, and staying connected to ecosystem shifts
• Provide overall guidance on quantitative analysis and research to generate recommendations and insights and drive outcomes
• Lead business development efforts, including responding to client RFPs and developing origination materials—both specific to New Economics and in other areas of the practice
• Develop New Economics specific assets, including whitepapers, POVs, and thought capital pieces for publication
• Build relationships with clients to sustain Accenture’s profile as a long-term trusted advisor and partner
• Develop the next generation of practitioners at Accenture, including building skillsets and capabilities
- 5+ years market access (incl. pricing and contracting) experience OR payor / PBM expertise in contracting and negotiations
- 1-2+ years’ experience working on prescription pharmaceutical contracts and negotiations, or in prescription drug pricing policy and regulatory work, or in management consulting focused on commercial life sciences work or payor / PBM work
- 1-2+ years’ experience leading teams of 3 or more
- Deep understanding of the healthcare ecosystem and dollar flow through the pharmaceutical value chain
- Bachelor's Degree
- Past consulting experience, especially managing teams
- Experience defining, executing, adjudicating innovative contracting types (e.g., outcomes- or value-based contracts)
- Exposure to / experience working on drug pricing and / or broader healthcare (e.g., Medicare / Medicaid) policy and regulatory reform
- You have global experience
- Therapeutic area / brand area expertise preferable, but not required (e.g. oncology, immunology, vaccines, etc.)
- Deep cross-functional LS knowledge (across commercial marketing, market access, health economics and outcomes research, manufacturing, market research) highly preferable
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement Requesting An Accommodation Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed.
If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.