Location: Arlington, VA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Accenture, helps U.S. federal agencies build the government of the future. With over 9,000 dedicated US employees, Accenture Federal Services is uniquely positioned to support federal agencies in shattering the status quo, achieving profound efficiencies and relentlessly delivering results. Accenture Federal Services is a long-time and trusted resource for the federal community. Every cabinet level agency in the United States-and 20 of the country's largest federal government agencies-have worked with Accenture Federal Services to achieve outcomes and move toward high performance. Join us and you can help our federal clients achieve what matters most, powering the services that touch the nation every day.
The Proposal Writer who will lead and is responsible for authoring compliant, compelling, and responsive proposal response volumes/sections. You add value to the overall team operations through implementing innovative process improvements and generating assets to improve the team’s service delivery capabilities.
- Leads the development of a compliant and compelling storyline that clearly and concisely articulates Accenture’s strengths, differentiation, and value proposition in the context of customer insight through close collaboration with the account team, subject matter experts (SMEs), solution architects (SAs), and other authors
- Provide writing support services ranging from co-authoring, one-voice editing, and copy-editing
- May specialize in a proposal volume or capability such as management, technical topic areas, past performance, and editorial
- Provides volume status updates to Sales leadership
- Facilitates meetings with SMEs/SAs to capture solution information for development of compliant proposal sections and take ownership of a specific content area
- Manages content development to meet color review expectations and executes quality control functions for compliance with RFx and proposal design standards
- Conducts interviews with SMEs/SAs to translate solution ideas into colloquial terms in the written response
- Participates in pursuit strategy and solution design meetings to understand solution direction, strengths, and key solution components
- Contribute to graphics ideation
- Provides guidance, training, and subject matter expertise in proposal writing best practices and PRC standards
- Contributes content to the Content Repository
- Leads and supports operational initiatives for continuous improvement within the Writing team and across Proposal Response Center
- Proactively identifies areas of improvement, plans/implements improvements, and follows through to execute activities across the team/stakeholders to achieve continuous improvement objectives
- U.S. Citizenship required
- 12 years experience proposal or technical writing for multi-million dollar opportunities
- 10 years experience in federal government proposal development and management
- Solid knowledge of developing proposals in response to Federal Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Must be able to understand technical concepts and convey in verbal and written form
- Must be able to effectively and simultaneously manage multiple, high volume efforts, while delivering value added and cost-effective proposals/solutions to the requestor
- Superior oral and written communication skills; excellent grammar, writing, and proofreading skills with attention to detail
- Solid organization skills, detail orientation, and ability to prioritize; Ability to deliver client-ready materials under strict deadline
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Share Point, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- This position can work remotely but you must live within 90 miles of Arlington, VA and physically be in the office on an as-needed basis
- APMP Certification
- Strong record of supporting winning proposals
- Technical background
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.