Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 477,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
About Accenture Research
Accenture Research shapes trends and creates data-driven insights about the most pressing issues global organizations face. Combining the influence of innovative research techniques with a deep understanding of our clients’ industries, our team of 300 researchers and analysts – including more than 50 in North America alone - spans 20 countries and publishes hundreds of reports, articles and points of view every year. Our thought-provoking research – supported by proprietary data and partnerships with leading organizations such as MIT and Singularity – guides our innovation and allows us to transform theories and fresh ideas into real-world solutions for our clients. Visit us at www.accenture.com/research and follow us on https://twitter.com/AccentureRSRCH
The High Tech Industry Research Senior Manager will develop Thought Leadership and Research focused on the High Tech Industry.
The High Tech industry is comprised of several sub-industries including semiconductors, enterprise technology, consumer technology, communications equipment and medical technology. Past research topics have included the industry trends; digital consumer trends and buying behaviours; evolution and impact of IoT, cloud computing and 5G technologies; and expected changes in product development and engineering practices with smart, connected product .
The High Tech Industry Research Senior Manager will have the following skills
• Develops thought provoking insights through market analysis and in-depth review of trends, under the leadership of Accenture High Tech ISL
• Proactively introduces innovative ideas to senior leadership and clients
• Designs and manages research to define and re-shape thinking on major People related issues
• Recognized as an expert in the Hight Tech research field
• Publishes regularly through Accenture’s publication channels and other channels
• Has a strong internal and growing external network and social media presence
• Ability to operate at the Executive level
• Research focused on Accenture Business and Accenture’s Clients business (“so what?”) with major and long lasting impact
• Credible in presenting work and discussing issues with clients
• Shapes & manages complex research programs of work with global scope and manages related budget
• Partners with leadership-level stakeholders at Accenture
• Credible with leadership and clients, both at global level in very different geographies and cultural contexts
• Talent magnet and role model
• Team builder
• Coach and mentor of junior researchers
We are looking for someone who has a comprehensive skill set.
- Master’s degree
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a research focused role.
- Any additional certificates related to analytics or data science would be a plus.
At least a post-graduate degree, with solid evidence of research experience. Knowledge of the High Tech Industry would be considered a significant advantage, especially in terms of executed related primary and/or secondary research in that regard.
- Experience with data science and visualization and design thinking as well as public speaking
- Worked with a start-up, global / large private corporation or institution, research think tank or recognized research provider or design company
- Presented to senior stakeholders
- Collaborated in a team of researchers, using research tools and methodologies, including on a virtual basis
- Track record in research with broad experience in applying the main research techniques, including high tech frameworks, data science/economic modeling, surveys and people related data sources
- Subject matter expertise across the High Tech industry
- Strong analytical skills and a proven ability to make sense out of data
- Solid experience in the presentation of research deliverables to high level executives
- Intellectual curiosity
- Proven ability to manage people and research projects
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Strong communications skills and good interpersonal skills in one-to-one and team settings
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.