Are you ready to step up to the New and take your technology expertise to the next level?
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in our Client Delivery & Operations career track drive delivery and capability excellence through the design, development and/or delivery of a solution, service, capability or offering. They grow into delivery-focused roles, and can progress within their current role, laterally or upward.
As part of our practice, you will lead technology innovation for our clients through robust delivery of world-class solutions. You will build better software better! There will never be a typical day and that’s why people love it here. The opportunities to make a difference within exciting client initiatives are unlimited in the ever-changing technology landscape. You will be part of a growing network of technology experts who are highly collaborative taking on today’s biggest, most complex business challenges. We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. Come grow your career in technology at Accenture!
The Performance Engineering practice within Accenture Technology is focused on optimizing the performance and scalability of enterprise applications through the combination of:
- Testing: Analyzing, planning and executing production-like simulations across mobile and web solutions to identify & remediate performance problems, prevent production outages, and guarantee predictable performance.
- Diagnostics & Monitoring: Instrumenting the complete application architecture to provide real user and system performance data to provide insight into the root cause of all application bottlenecks, enable real time visibility to reduce risk exposure.
- Performance Analytics: Measuring the relationship between end-to-end performance, user behavior, and business goals to maximize the digital business, improve business KPIs, and increase client retention.
- Business Optimization: Empowering digital businesses with contextual intelligence to visualize, quantify and maximize the business value of performance to improve the quality & performance of the business, increase customer satisfaction, and protect brand reputation.
As a Site Reliability Engineering Manager, some of your key responsibilities may include:
- Defining the strategy for enabling performance diagnostics and monitoring through the use of an Application Performance Management (APM) tool, other monitoring tools, and diagnostic techniques.
- Identifying, evaluating, and recommending monitoring tools and diagnostic techniques relevant to the application architecture. Assess gaps in as-is monitoring tool capabilities and recommend tools to augment or replace.
- Interacting with client and/or Accenture development, operations, and infrastructure resources to recommend solutions to remediate performance issues
- Participating in re-architecture, redesign, and refactoring decisions to satisfy performance requirements
- Developing dashboards and reports to provide ongoing visibility into the performance of client applications
- Contributing learnings and experiences to the Accenture Performance Engineering community
- Racking up those air miles will have to wait, as weekly non-essential travel to client sites Monday through Thursday is currently suspended. For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.
- 7 years hands-on design/development/engineering experience (e.g. Java, .Net, etc.)
- 1 years hands-on experience performance monitoring & diagnostic tools (e.g. AppDynamics, Dynatrace, New Relic, CA APM (previously Wily Introscope), etc.)
- Minimum of 2 years of Team Lead experience leading a team with experience in Project Planning, Estimating or Project Management.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (minimum 12 years) work experience. (If Associate’s Degree, must have minimum 6 years work experience).
- Previous Consulting experience
- Experience with Agile and DevOps
- Experience with logging solutions, including ELK and Splunk
- Experience with open source monitoring and visualization systems and tools, i.e. Prometheus (monitoring + tracing), Grafana/Kibana (dashboards), Zipkin (distributed tracing), etc.
- Experience with stream-processing open source frameworks/systems, i.e. Kafka, Spark, etc.
- Knowledge of defining and monitoring system quality measures, including SLO and SLA
- Understanding or exposure to Chaos Engineering Tools (Chaos Toolkit, Gremlin, Simian Army, Etc.)
- Experience with distributed computing, Web Services, SOA, and JEE design concepts
- Experience delivering software designed for high concurrency, scalability, or availability
- Hands-on experience collecting performance data, analyzing, troubleshooting, and tuning
- Experience with different flavors of Linux, i.e. RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOS, etc.
- Built tooling to improve reliability of systems, automated remediation of issues, or improve scalability.
- Systems often need to be reconfigured, so you should have experience with a configuration management system like Puppet, Chef or Salt.
- Experience with usage of common application protocols and messages (e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP, SOAP, RESTful APIs, XML/JSON, JDBC, JMS/MQ)
- Exposure to Cloud, SaaS, and virtualization concepts and performance concerns
- Exposure to application threading and concurrency concerns
- Working knowledge of operating system design, processes, and threading model
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Containers (kubernetes & docker)
Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women. For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement Requesting An Accommodation Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired. If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter. Other Employment Statements Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration. Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process. The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Unless expressly indicated, this role is not open in the state of Colorado.
Salesforce CPQ Technical Architect
Salesforce Field Service Lightning Technical Architect
USA FL - Tampa
Junior DevOps Engineer
Posted 1 day ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.