Are you ready to step up to the New and take your technology expertise to the next level?
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in our Client Delivery & Operations career track drive delivery and capability excellence through the design, development and/or delivery of a solution, service, capability or offering. They grow into delivery-focused roles, and can progress within their current role, laterally or upward.
As part of our practice, you will lead technology innovation for our clients through robust delivery of world-class solutions. You will build better software better! There will never be a typical day and that’s why people love it here. The opportunities to make a difference within exciting client initiatives are unlimited in the ever-changing technology landscape. You will be part of a growing network of technology experts who are highly collaborative taking on today’s biggest, most complex business challenges. We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. Come grow your career in technology at Accenture!
The Performance Engineering practice within Accenture Technology is focused on optimizing the performance and scalability of enterprise applications through the combination of:
- Testing: Analyzing, planning and executing production-like simulations across mobile and web solutions to identify & remediate performance problems, prevent production outages, and guarantee predictable performance.
- Diagnostics & Monitoring: Instrumenting the complete application architecture to provide real user and system performance data to provide insight into the root cause of all application bottlenecks, enable real time visibility to reduce risk exposure.
- Performance Analytics: Measuring the relationship between end-to-end performance, user behavior, and business goals to maximize the digital business, improve business KPIs, and increase client retention.
- Business Optimization: Empowering digital businesses with contextual intelligence to visualize, quantify and maximize the business value of performance to improve the quality & performance of the business, increase customer satisfaction, and protect brand reputation.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, some of your key responsibilities may include:
- Maintain responsibility for the design, deployment, and maintenance of production-scale systems.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Use automation to streamline the provisioning, management, and monitoring of applications and services using multiple scripting languages, Java, and infrastructure-as-code.
- Facilitate blameless Incident Retrospectives to understand root causes, communicate learnings, determine remediation and make us better and closer as a team.
- Coordinate with development and platform teams to design and implement zero-downtime deployment approaches, real-time logging, alerting, and monitoring solutions, and code instrumentation.
- Introduce chaos engineering concepts that promote experimentation in production to identify systemic weaknesses while increasing service resiliency
- Coordinate with the solution architect to design a highly available solution that meets availability and reliability objectives and to reduce manual activities using automation, when feasible.
- Identifying, evaluating, and recommending monitoring tools and diagnostic techniques relevant to the application architecture. Assess gaps in as-is monitoring tool capabilities and recommend tools to augment or replace.
- Instrumenting applications to enable performance diagnostics and monitoring
- Collaborating with developers to promote the concept of reliability engineering during all phases of the SDLC to detect and correct performance issues earlier in the lifecycle
- Monitoring application performance during performance tests or production usage through the use of APM and other monitoring tools to isolate the fault domain, dive deep into application code, and identify root cause of performance issues.
- Interacting with client and/or Accenture development, operations, and infrastructure resources to recommend solutions to remediate performance issues
- Participating in re-architecture, redesign, and refactoring decisions to satisfy performance requirements
- Developing dashboards and reports to provide ongoing visibility into the performance of client applications
- Contributing learnings and experiences to the Accenture Performance Engineering community
*Requirement of 80-100% travel, typically M-TH
- Minimum 3 years hands-on design/development/engineering experience (e.g. Java, .Net, etc.)
- Minimum 1 year hands-on experience performance monitoring & diagnostic tools (AppDynamics, Dynatrace, New Relic, CA APM (previously Wily Introscope), etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent (minimum 12 years) work experience. (If Associate Degree, must have minimum 6 years work experience).
- It is currently our objective to assign our people to work near where they live. However, given the nature of our business and our need to serve clients, our employees must be able to travel when needed. This role requires 100% flexibility to travel and work onsite with clients (typically Monday through Thursday).
- Previous Consulting experience
- Experience with Agile and DevOps
- Understanding or exposure to Chaos Engineering Tools (Chaos Toolkit, Gremlin, Simian Army, etc.)
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-code automation tool, including Ansible and Puppet
- Experience with version control software, including Git
- Experience in calculating system reliability metrics, including RPO, RTO, SLO & SLI
- Experience with Containers (kubernetes and docker)
- Experience with logging solutions, including ELK and Splunk
- Experience with open source monitoring and visualization systems and tools, i.e. Prometheus (monitoring + tracing), Grafana/Kibana (dashboards), Zipkin (distributed tracing), etc.
- Experience with stream-processing open source frameworks/systems, i.e. Kafka, Spark, etc.
- Knowledge of defining and monitoring system quality measures, including SLO and SLA
- Experience with distributed computing, Web Services, SOA, and JEE design concepts
- Experience delivering software designed for high concurrency, scalability, or availability
- Hands-on experience collecting performance data, analyzing, troubleshooting, and tuning
- Experience with different flavors of Linux, i.e. RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOS, etc.
- Built tooling to improve reliability of systems, automated remediation of issues, or improve scalability.
- Systems often need to be reconfigured, so you should have experience with a configuration management system like Puppet, Chef or Salt.
- Experience with usage of common application protocols and messages (e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP, SOAP, RESTful APIs, XML/JSON, JDBC, JMS/MQ)
- Exposure to Cloud, SaaS, and virtualization concepts and performance concerns
- Exposure to application threading and concurrency concerns
- Working knowledge of operating system design, processes, and threading model
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Containers (kubernetes and docker)
Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
LocationsAZ - Phoenix,CA - Los Angeles,CA - San Diego,CA - San Francisco,CO - Denver,DC,DC - Washington,FL - Miami,FL - Tampa,GA - Atlanta,IL - Chicago,IN - Indianapolis,MA - Boston,MI - Detroit,MN - Minneapolis,MO - St Louis,NC - Charlotte,NC - Raleigh,NJ - Florham Park,NJ - Jersey City,NY - New York,OH - Cincinnati,OH - Cleveland,OH - Columbus,PA - Philadelphia,TX - Austin,TX - Dallas,TX - Houston,TX - Irving,VA - Arlington,WA - Seattle
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.