Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 469,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
People in the Innovation & Thought Leadership career track drive asset innovation and marketplace reputation within a specific area of expertise. They grow into thought leadership roles, by increasing the depth of their expertise and reputation as an expert or innovator, and can progress either in role, laterally, or upward.
- Develop product strategy that delivers value to customers and drives business growth
- Lead a cutting-edge engineering team and help shape the architecture, requirements and overall design of the products
- Execute strategic goals and tactical responsibilities as needed
- Lead collaboration initiatives with developers, product managers, and quality assurance engineers to translate business objectives into user stories and development efforts
- Draft precise, actionable user stories with clear acceptance criteria
- Lead stakeholders through story grooming, decomposition, and development estimation
- Determine acceptance requirements and test use cases of new and existing features
- Manage and coordinate integrations and performance within and across services, external systems and multiple lines of business
- Prioritize new features to maximize business value and set specific release timelines
- Manage product backlog and story refinement meetings
- Maintain and curate content within an Atlassian project management suite
- Minimum 6 years of experience as a security practitioner, protecting networks and systems from cyber-attacks
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a software product owner in an agile development environment, focused on building and managing products and features on a flexible, services-based PaaS
- Minimum 2 years of experience and deep understanding of cyber threat intelligence concepts and principles
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external customers to determine requirements and assess business priorities
- Attention to detail and deadline-focused
- Ability to drive product strategy that maximizes how engineering resources are applied to meet business objectives
- Ability to effectively manage trade-offs between cost/schedule versus business benefit
- Exhibit strong user and stakeholder focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Succeeds in team environments, experience working in fast-paced, cyber environment
- Ability to work with cross functional teams to drive the implementation of new features as well as resolve operational issues
- College degree (BS) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- Formal agile training/certification (PMI-ACP, Scrum Alliance, SAFe, etc)
- Knowledge of AWS Cloud
- Knowledge of software architecture principals, graph analytics and network engineering concepts
- Experience with Atlassian Tool Suite
Professional Skill Requirements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
LocationsDC,DC - Washington
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.