Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
Accenture Federal Services, bringing together commercial innovation with the latest technology to unleash the potential for our federal clients. Every day we bring bold thinking and diverse disciplines to solve problems in new ways. Ready to learn as much as you can? We’ll give you numerous opportunities of formal & informal training sessions to keep your tech smarts sharp.
The Scrum Master is a servant leader who helps teams self-organize, self-manage, and deliver by teaching and coaching effective Agile practices.
- Act as a servant leader to the Scrum Team by embracing SAFe Core Values, applying SAFe Principles, implementing SAFe practices, and utilizing ScrumXP rules.
- Help scrum team achieve in areas including quality, predictability, flow, and velocity.
- Help team focus on daily and Sprint Goals in the context of current PI Objectives.
- Facilitate all team meetings, including the daily stand-up, Sprint Planning, Team Demos, and Retrospectives.
- Collaborate with other impacted teams (e.g. Other Scrum or Product teams, Product Owners, Stakeholders) to ensure alignment between priorities, scope, and all deployment-related activities.
- Assist the team in preparation for ART activities, including PI Planning, System Demos, and the I&A workshop.
- Communicate with management and outside stakeholders.
- 2+ years experience performing as a scrum master utilizing SAFe methodologies or similar Agile servant leadership role
- 2+ years experience with facilitating communication/collaboration with client and development team staff through in-person and virtual settings
- US Citizenship required
Bonus points if you have:
- SAFe Certified Scrum Master
- Experience in software development, preferably in a Java/open source technical environment
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture Federal Services.
Accenture Federal Services is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture Federal Services is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.