- Investigate attacks against customer networks.
- Monitor and analyze log data, network traffic and/or alerts generated by a variety of security technologies in real-time; escalate and explain validated security incidents to customers.
- Write up security incident reports detailing the threat, its characteristics, and possible remediation activities.
- Research new threats and ensure appropriate detection capabilities are in place to identify and respond to these threats.
- Routinely review security incidents and other customer deliverables for adherence to the established procedures and guidelines. Document, rectify, and provide feedback to other analysts as necessary.
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of the security incident detection and classification service.
- Ensure standards and procedures are adhered to within defined SLA’s.
- Articulate security issues to customers, both verbally and written.
- Referring difficult or complex issues to more experienced staff.
- Understanding of current vulnerabilities, attacks and countermeasures.
- Developing knowledge of security technologies, cyber-attacks and vulnerabilities.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Manage and track customer issues and requests.
- This position may be assigned to a rotating shift schedule.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an operational environment, with customer-facing responsibilities.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an information/cyber security role – ideally focused on intrusion detection/security monitoring and analysis.
- Minimum of 1-year experience understanding of the cyber security threat landscape, including detailed technical knowledge about the most prevalent vulnerabilities, threats, attack methods, and infection vectors.
- Minimum of 1- year experience in computer networking, including a detailed understanding of TCP/IP and other core Internet protocols.
- Minimum of 1-year experience technical and troubleshooting skills with the ability to be dynamic and adapt in order to solve complex technical issues with customers and partners.
- Minimum 1- year experience retrieving information and generating reports using SQL.
- Minimum of 1 year with one or more of the following certifications: SANS GCIA, SANS GCFA, SANS GCFE, OSCP.
- Minimum 1 -year experience with programming languages such as Python, Java, C# and able to automate basic task.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- The ability to communicate clearly at all levels, demonstrating strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion for cyber security, learning, and knowledge sharing
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to be dynamic and adapt in order to solve complex technical issues with customers and partners
LocationsDC,DC - Washington
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.