Location: Suitland , MD
Accenture Federal Services, bringing together commercial innovation with the latest technology to unleash the potential for our federal clients. Every day we bring bold thinking and diverse disciplines to solve problems in new ways. Ready to learn as much as you can? We’ll give you numerous opportunities of formal & informal training sessions to keep your tech smarts sharp.
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, is responsible for developing and managing the overall strategy, operation and management of the government growing Cloud and Infrastructure Services business including the optimization and utilization of design of cloud solution, as well as solutions based on AWS and managed cloud services.
- Lead the development, monetization, utilization, optimization, and support of our Azure, AWS, and datacenter practices.
- Establish and manage infrastructure strategy and standards including networking, unified communications, virtual server hosting and storage.
- Advise on emerging technologies that should be integrated and/or introduced to ensure design cloud capabilities respond to the needs of the business, including technology evaluation and ongoing vendor management.
- Plan, implement, and establish operational and maintenance programs/processes to deliver best-in-class platform infrastructure.
- Collaborate with operational service teams on both tactical and strategic projects.
- Collaborate with the security team on refining and deploying security best practices to identify, detect, protect, respond, and recover from threats to assets.
- Aide in the development of project schedules and business processes as they relate to managing of cloud hosting services.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-10 years’ experience in Information Technology
- Experience in data center design and installation as well as knowledge of building cloud platforms to provide a highly available infrastructure at scale
- US Citizenship required; dual citizens not eligible
- Cloud certification in AWS
- Experience working for a managed services provider
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture Federal Services.
Accenture Federal Services is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture Federal Services is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.