People in our Client Delivery & Operations career track drive delivery and capability excellence through the design, development and/or delivery of a solution, service, capability or offering. They grow into delivery-focused roles, and can progress within their current role, laterally or upward.
The Application Developer will work on developing, designing and maintaining technologies that improve the way our clients and the world works. This role will support the core of the Accenture Operations business, using curiosity to solve problems through developing, designing, and maintaining software products or systems that enable client and operational strategies. This role will work in challenging and dynamic environments using versatility to create and support technology solutions that meet client requirements from analysis to implementation.
- Develop application and component strategy in line with the business strategy for one or more programs
- Bake technology trends into solutions
- Support the development strategy for applications and components
- Support one or multiple development streams in line with overall program timing and milestones
- Support overall deployment plan including the development plan and schedule
- Implement and set security and data direction for the coding work
- Understand business drivers that will impact performance
- Ensure communication from/ to the technical architect of any issues that may affect any other areas of the project
- Ensure maintenance activities are in line with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) or other business requirements
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to production support staff
- Support the design, build, assembly, and configuration of application or technical architecture components using business requirements
- Build and leverage reusable code and libraries for future use
- Adherence to documentations for traceability and audit
- Support code and quality management reviews
- Team with stakeholders on application and component design to secure buy in
- Partner with the testing team to ensure applications / components are fully functional
- Oversee and fix any defects or performance problems discovered in testing
- Evaluate RPA tools and provide recommendations
- Assess automation opportunity from technical perspective and perform due diligence to arrive at an optimal solution.
- Define the technical framework & some considerations (but not limited) would be Security
- A minimum of 18 months of experience in Application Development
- A minimum of 18 months of experience in one (or more) of the following: SQL, Python, .Net, Java, or RPA
- Project Management experience
- Development experience in MS technologies
- ASP.Net, VB.Net, C#.Net
- SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access
- VBA, Excel Macro
- RPA - Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, UIPATH
- Programming languages
- i.e., software language structures, object-oriented languages
- i.e., VBA macro, .net (MVC, C#, etc.), SQL, Java, Scripting (Python, Perl, PHP, etc.)
- Standards and methods used in developing and maintaining a repository of information and processes
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.