Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So you can deliver what matters most.
The Assistant Controller reports directly to the AFS Controller. Together, they lead a large team of over 150 professionals (6 direct reports) responsible for many focus areas including general and technical accounting & financial reporting, project setup, accounts payable, timesheet administration & labor processing, employee expense audit and reimbursement processing, customer billing and cash collection, contract close-out and internal controls.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Ensures timely and accurate financial reporting monthly and preparation of related analysis and participation in leadership results review.
- Acts as a key advisor in all accounting matters including shaping of bids, identifying business and financial risks, and identifying and resolving operational challenges. Ensures appropriate internal controls, defines policies and procedures and ensures they are operating effectively.
- Manages AFS response to external audits of financial statements (KPMG) and government accounting-related audits (DCAA and DCMA).
- Identifies and leads improvement initiatives related to Controllership to drive higher process performance.
- Mentors, coaches and develops staff to achieve individual and company goals. Partners with Finance, Contracts Management, Facilities, Human Resources, Legal and Program Management and advises them on accounting treatment related to various matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in accounting and financial reporting
- Experience as a Controllership leader in a public company with tightly controlled environment
- Experience working with Federal Government
- Knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles with expertise in revenue recognition and provisions of Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Familiarity with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Audit response experience, both financial statement and government business system audits
- Proven ability to lead large teams, collaborate and manage projects cross functionally
- Proven ability to communicate with all levels and present to executive management
- Excellent time-management skills with ability to manage competing priorities
- Advanced MS Excel, PowerPoint
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or equivalent certification
- Public accounting/auditing experience with Big 4
- Costpoint experience, including setup of pools and allocations and closing the books
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.