Accenture Federal Services, bringing together commercial innovation with the latest technology to unleash the potential for our federal clients. Every day we bring bold thinking and diverse disciplines to solve problems in new ways. We thrive in a world of constant change. Ready to learn as much as you can? We’ll give you numerous opportunities from informal training sessions to courses and certifications to keep your tech smarts sharp.
The AWS Cloud SME is responsible for assisting the client in analyzing the types of AWS clouds available for consumption from other agencies. Once the cloud environments are understood, the candidate will be responsible for helping the client select the appropriate cloud service(s) for consumption. This could include investing in the creation of their own cloud environment(s) or consuming cloud from another agency(s). Regardless, the candidate will then work to create a standardized / repeatable process for consuming cloud services.
· Coordinating with AWS service owners to execute services build-out activities and escalate issues.
· Understanding the client’s various cloud requirements and realizing where various cloud strategies (eg - adopting/consuming external cloud services) may pose security risks, ATO risks / issues, or cloud capability deployment delays.
· Strong understanding of virtualization concepts and storage technologies in cloud infrastructure as a service (IaaS) environment.
Here’s what you need:
· Bachelor’s degree
· 2 years of AWS experience
· Experience operating in virtual environments
· Experience managing cloud requirements
· Service design experience
· Cloud infrastructure experience
US Citizenship, dual citizens not eligible
Bonus points if:
· Masters degree
· 5 - 7 years of AWS experience
· Great communication skills with clients as direct client interaction is required
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is a federal contractor, an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
LocationsDC,DC - Washington
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.