Location: Washington, DC
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation’s priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
- Lead the development of incident response plans, workflows, and SOPs
- Develop and maintain the SOC personnel shift schedules
- Provide technical guidance to the SOC team
- Develop and administer SOC SOPs/processes and review their application to ensure that SOC’s controls, policies, and procedures are operating effectively
- Provide management oversight for the identification, triage and response of events or incidents of apparent security breaches
- Produce and review aggregated performance metrics
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the SOC, through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions
- Play a significant role in long-term SOC strategy and planning, including initiatives geared toward operational excellence
- Monitor security sensors and review logs to identify intrusions.
- Think critically and creatively while analyzing security events, network traffic, and logs to engineer new detection methods.
- Work directly with SOC leadership on cyber threat intelligence analysts to convert intelligence into useful detection.
- Collaborate with incident response team to rapidly build detection rules as needed.
- Identify incident root cause and take proactive mitigation steps
- Mentor and provide training to SOC analysts and run brown bag training sessions.
- Develop and maintain vulnerabilities and track resolution reports
- Develop and present threat intel reports
- Develop and implement detection use cases
- Develop and implement IDS signatures
- Assist with incident response efforts
- Create and brief customer reports
- Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours security and/or engineering issues
- Perform customer security assessments
- Develop and run tabletop exercises
- Eight years of professional IT/Cyber experience
- Five years of SOC Experience
- Two years of SOC Management experience
- Hands on experience with Splunk and/or other SIEM tool
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework (NIST 800-37), Security Controls as described in NIST 800-35, and the Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA) operating standards and applicable guidelines
- Ability to configure and develop an enterprise SIEM solution including signature tuning, development of correlation rules, reports, and alarms
o Certified Ethical Hacker
o SANS GIAC Certifications
o DFIR related Certifications
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
LocationsDC,DC - Washington
USA VA - Chantilly
Federal - Operation Requirements Analysts Lead
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 3 days ago
USA PA - Philadelphia
Clinical Data Management Project Manager
Program, Project & Service Mgmt
Posted 3 days ago
Federal - Sr. Audit Consultant
Posted 3 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.