Accenture is looking for a dynamic public relations pro to lead the strategy, execution and coordination of a comprehensive media relations program for Accenture’s business across the Midwestern United States, with a particular focus on the greater Chicago area. The role is responsible for generating top tier media coverage in influential, local press in support of Accenture’s regional business objectives.
Additionally, this role is responsible leading and implementing an executive positioning program for our Midwest Market Unit lead and priority local leaders, leveraging media relations, social media, speaking engagement and awards. As part of the executive visibility program, this role also supports key internal communications initiatives.
This individual will work closely with the Midwest Marketing & Communications Lead, Lead and Midwest Market Unit Lead. The individual will also collaborate with national, industry, business and global media relations colleagues across the company to leverage content for locally relevant stories, and will complement the media relations program with social media to amplify awareness and visibility. This role reports into the North America media relations lead and is part of Accenture’s Corporate Communications function.
While there will never be a typical day at Accenture, here’s a look at some of your responsibilities.
- Create regional media strategy, including identifying key market and regional themes and providing input to the Midwest region marketing strategy;
- Establish executive positioning platforms for Market Unit Lead and priority local leaders;
- Coach and prepare spokespeople;
- Drive the content pipeline for media relations, for market- or region-relevant clients stories, research and thought leadership, corporate citizenship activities, inclusion & diversity initiatives, people on the move stories and civic- and community-oriented stories;
- Partner with Midwest government relations lead on local business and civic engagements;
- Monitor the competitive landscape for media mentions and share of voice, applying this knowledge to improve Accenture’s overall position in the region;
- Conduct and analyze market/competitor/influencer research as input to positioning and external marketing and communications plans;
- Drive the application process for locally important awards and rankings; promote wins;
- Manage and develop professional working relationships with key journalists and client peers;
- Work with regional marketing & communications team to create and execute effective social media initiatives for Market Unit Lead
- Ensure that regional media relations initiatives are consistent with strategic business objectives for North America
YOUR EXPERIENCE: Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or other university degree"
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in PR/corporate communications in the technology and/ or professional services sectors. In-house or agency.
- Strong relationships with local press in the greater Chicago area. Relationships with press across the Midwest a plus, including Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Detroit, Indianapolis, Kansas City, St. Louis, Bolivar, Milwaukee and Minneapolis.
- Natural storyteller with ability to connect Accenture capabilities to local news.
- Able to leverage social media to augment and amplify media relations program. Broad based business acumen and ability to quickly grasp Accenture’s business strategy.
- Global perspective and understanding of business marketplace; quick thinking with an inquisitive nature and desire to learn about economic and business drives, the technology ecosystem and all aspects of Accenture’s business.
- Able to partner with and influence executives at all levels of the organization through relationship building and executive-level presence.
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic support and counsel; issues management experience a plus.
- Exceptionally detail oriented yet equally flexible and agile. Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Innovative/creative problem solving skills.
- Passion for executing deliverables and programs of the highest quality possible.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skills.
- Strong leadership skills—team building, supervision, mentoring.
- Ability to work autonomously and independently, yet integrate and collaborate with other areas within Marketing & Communications and other areas within Accenture.
- Must be based in Accenture office. Some travel required (25%).
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
- Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement.
- You’ll make a difference for some pretty impressive clients. Accenture serves many of the Fortune Global 100 on high-profile projects.
- Opportunities to learn daily through training, assignments, and collaborating with experts across the company.
- Access to leading-edge technology.
- Along with a competitive salary, Accenture offers a comprehensive package including generous paid time off, an employee healthcare plan and a competitive 401K program. Learn more about our extensive rewards and benefits here.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.