Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 469,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Legal and Commercial Services professionals deliver and coordinate legal, contract and commercial advice and counsel in support of Accenture's or our clients' business, working to manage and mitigate risk and ensure ethical behavior and compliance with laws and company policies.
Office based for majority of time, but some opportunities for flexible working.
Typical office environment for meetings.
Less than 10% of the time spent on international travel.
Accenture Legal encompasses ~2800 lawyers, contract management and other professionals in 46 countries, making us amongst the biggest in-house units of our kind globally. Within Legal there are several functions, of which two are relevant to this job:
- Legal Operations (Legal Ops), which provides services to other Legal functions that improve their day-to-day efficiency and effectiveness, facilitate change and control costs. This SPOM role is part of the Strategic Programmed Management team within Legal Ops.
- Global Legal Services (GLS), which work with our business clients on Accenture's newest and most strategic initiatives, from ideation to intelligent and balanced go-to-market approaches to launching and scaling of offerings. The GLS teams also support others in Legal (e.g. in Contracting) through the provision of templates, tools and training that help anticipate issues, reduce friction in deal cycles and enable sustainable growth.
The GLS teams are clients for the SPOM and for Legal Ops.
This is an exciting opportunity to support the GLS Leadership Team (LT) in optimizing business-as-usual activities, whilst helping evolve and deliver their portfolio of strategic projects and initiatives. In doing so, to help the GLS Leads to have a holistic view of functional impact, quality, cost and load; through the effective initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring and controlling of key activities. The SPOM will work with the Leads in identifying and managing risks, issues, dependencies and interdependencies; as well as ensuring coordination on delivery and communication approaches to avoid confusion or duplication of efforts.
Reports to: Global Strategic Programmed Management Lead
- GLS: Global Legal Lead, other LT members, other senior GLS personnel
- Legal Operations: All teams
- Other Corporate Functions: Legal Marketing & Communications (M&C); Legal Finance; Legal HR
The individual will be supporting the GLS LT on several dimensions and is expected to dynamically prioritize this support as needed:
- Strategic Planning: Working with the GLS LT to review the portfolio of initiatives in-flight and expected to commence in FY20; including expected outcomes, milestones, resourcing and costs. Also, establishing the annual schedule of LT and wider team meetings and events to drive decision making, discussions, collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Governance: Managing the decisioning process, including driving timely submissions of quality inputs; capturing decisions taken (including consequences and commitments); communicating and monitoring decision actions and proactively flagging any challenges to decisions being executed.
- Programme Management (PM): Supporting leaders successfully drive their functional initiatives, either directly or through the sourcing of PM expertise from elsewhere in Legal or Accenture. Being pro-active in terms of identifying and resolving issues and material risks to delivery.
- Communications: Supporting the GLS LT with development of internal comms vehicles (e.g. portal articles, videos, newsletters, blogs etc.); set-up and execution of webcasts and team conference calls; and managing the key functional comms channels. In doing so, working with comms Subject Matter Advisors (within Legal Ops and Legal M&C) to ensure application of the Legal Internal Comms Strategy; and associated clarity and consistency of LT messaging, touch-and-tone etc.
- Engagement: Supporting the use of engagement surveys, analysis of results and development of action plans for engagement improvement. Also, assisting Rewards & Recognition e.g. support for budgeting and distribution of Performance Points.
- Learning & Development (L&D): Working with the L&D team in Legal Ops and the Learning CoE to apply the Legal L&D Strategy to GLS - including reviewing L&D needs, refining the portfolio of learning assets, deploying learning solutions across the team populations and identifying opportunities for further improvement.
- Knowledge Management (KM): Working with the KM team in Legal Ops to capture, curate and share GLS know-how.
- Financial Management (FM): Working with Finance SMAs (within Legal Ops and Legal Finance) to support the GLS LT with six-monthly planning cycles for headcount and budgets; monthly delta analysis of actuals vs. forecasts; action planning to reduce these deltas; and miscellaneous FM activities.
- Technology & Innovation: Identifying opportunities for tactical improvements (e.g. through task automation, use of centralized tools / repositories etc.) and working with the Legal Tech Ops team to develop solutions. Also, helping the GLS LT strengthen innovation processes, tools, management reporting and culture.
- Business Operations: Overseeing management of GLS distribution lists, org charts, asset register and access rights etc.
- Bachelor's Degree (± 16 Years)
- Minimum of seven years working experience in fast-paced project-based roles, be that consulting to external clients (e.g. in Strategy, Consulting or Digital) and/or working on strategic internal initiatives (e.g. in AEE).
Proven track record of supporting senior client or internal stakeholders in variety of scoping, planning, execution and monitoring activities.
Experience of working across multiple geographic borders and time zones.
Demonstrable ability to define a project approach and identify the key factors and constraints; knowledge and competence in identifying risks, issues and dependencies.
Fluency in Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Experience in managing more junior resources as part of agile project team; demonstrable stewardship mindset for developing and progressing people.
Experience of working in a ‘chief of staff’ role with senior client(s) or Accenture MD(s)
Demonstrable knowledge of FORM and application to practical examples.
Knowledge of operating model, talent strategy, L&D, change management, communications and culture frameworks.
Exposure to data analytics, including modelling and visualization.
Exposure to innovation management
- Strong evaluation and problem-solving skills: able to identify the real issue, and to anticipate requirements and potential consequences.
- Logical reasoning: able to demonstrate rationale behind any recommendations and achieve consensus around proposed outcomes
- Outstanding spoken and written communication skills: able to deal confidently, tactfully and appropriately with people of different disciplines and at all levels of the organization
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills: able to build strong relationships with multiple global stakeholders quickly via virtual tools; listen, understand and respond to any concerns.
- Prioritization skills: Comfortable working within a large and complex environment with multiple stakeholders and interest groups.
- Task management: Professional and organized approach to delivery. Able to work under pressure and to tight timescales, with minimal supervision.
- Strategic thinking and innovation: Able to think strategically but also willing and able to roll their sleeves up and do whatever is needed to achieve key business objectives, diving into detail where necessary.
- Influence and communication: Able to be highly credible and persuasive, influencing key stakeholders and effecting change with or without direct reporting authority.
- Collaboration: Able to work well with others, to build strong relationships, to share knowledge and expertise to foster a sense of trust.
- Drive: Commitment to getting things done, including self-sufficiency and the lack of need for detailed direction.
- Flexibility: Ability to manage diary and working pattern to enable more interactions with global stakeholders.
- Resilience: Able to manage emotions and take steps to manage workplace frustrations constructively; remaining calm and positive under pressure.
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian.
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Requesting an Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
USA CA - San Francisco
Program, Project & Service Mgmt
Posted 2 days ago
USA CA - San Francisco
Mechanical Component Engineering Senior Analyst
Program, Project & Service Mgmt
Posted 2 days ago
USA TN - Knoxville
Service Delivery Team Lead
Program, Project & Service Mgmt
Posted 3 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.