We are a global collective of innovators applying the New every day to improve the way the world works and lives. Help us show the world what’s possible as you partner with clients to unlock hidden value and deliver innovative solutions. Empowered with innovative tools, continuous learning and a global community of diverse talent and perspectives, we drive success in a new business architecture that disrupts conventional practices. Our expertise spans 40+ industries across 120+ countries and impacts millions of lives every day. We turn ideas into reality.
Accenture Security helps organizations prepare, protect, detect, respond and recover along all points of the security lifecycle. Cybersecurity challenges are different for every business in every industry. Leveraging our global resources and advanced technologies, we create integrated, turnkey solutions tailored to our clients’ needs across their entire value chain. Whether we’re defending against known cyberattacks, detecting and responding to the unknown, or running an entire security operations center, we will help companies build cyber resilience to grow with confidence. Our team of the security sector’s brightest people use the coolest tech to out-hack the hackers and help clients build resilience from within. We blend risk strategy, digital identity, cyber defense, application security and managed service solutions to rethink the entire security lifecycle.
We are currently looking for professionals for our Cyber Security Services aka “CSS” practice with extensive experience in the following:
Job Description for Principal Site AWS Reliability Engineer
As a site reliability engineer, you will ensure the proper accessibility and functionality of the production environment. You will be a key member of the team taking on complex assignments where independent action and a high degree of initiative are required to resolve problems and develop recommendations. You will understand the challenges around rapidly building, scaling, and managing distributed applications and services, and will collaborate with hardworking engineers across multiple disciplines to address those challenges. Our services are deployed in an Amazon Web Services environment, and so you will be working hands on with many AWS components. You will design operational processes and solutions to actively address issues before they become customer facing.
This is a hands-on position with a strong emphasis on coding and regular production support. You are comfortable learning new technologies. You thrive in true-agile, highly paced, customer facing environment. You have a low tolerance for mediocrity. We are looking for folks that thrive in an all hands on deck startup mentality, just like us! You should be ambitious, confident, and ready to contribute in a dynamic production facing environment.
- Provide advanced support for incident resolution for technical problems involving the full application stack
- Track down defects and come up with creative solutions to improve reliability and availability
- Identify persistent or recurring problems and recommend creative solutions
- Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability and reliability of our cloud services
- Propose, design, test, and implement strategic operational system solutions
- Automate Operations functions (Cloud deployments, upgrades, capacity additions)
- Minimum 5 years in a Windows/UNIX-based large-scale web operations role
- Minimum 5 years experience with at least one high level programming language like Python, Ruby, or Java (Python is desirable)
- Minimum 4 years advanced-level experience with Windows/Linux
- Minimum 3 years experience with AWS cloud native services using EC2, S3, ECS, SQS, API Gateway, Lambda, etc. including with AWS data analytics and processing services a plus.
- Minimum 3 years experience with relational databases and NoSQL (SQL, Redshift, DynamoDB, etc.)
- Knowledge of automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, etc. in a production environment
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical knowledge
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Experience with Custom Applications, deployments, and configuration
- Experience with cloud services a strong plus
- Strong analytic, problem solving skills required
- Extraordinary ability and motivation to solve problems and learn fast
- Ability to perform at a high level within a technical team
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and relationship skills
- Distributed teamwork
- Ability to quickly learn and develop expertise in highly complex existing applications and architectures
- Deep understanding of the challenges with building, scaling, and running distributed applications and services
- Familiarity with application profiling, system scalability, monitoring and performance
- Trouble-shooting skills that span systems, network, storage, and code
- Obtain complete knowledge of our complex applications
- Transfer knowledge, train, and coach others in area of expertise
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
LocationsCT - Farmington,CT - Hartford,MA - Andover,MA - Boston,MA - Cambridge,MA - Framingham,MD - Baltimore,MD - Bethesda,MD - Maryland,NH - Manchester,NJ - Edison,NJ - Florham Park,NY - Albany,NY - New York,OH - Toledo,PA - King Of Prussia,PA - Philadelphia,RI - Providence
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.