Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Washington, DC
Accenture Federal Services, bringing together commercial innovation with the latest technology to help our government clients reach their full potential. As a U.S. based subsidiary of Accenture, we bring 360-degree customer views by going beyond just capturing and curating data. We decode information that helps our clients embrace intelligent technologies confidently. Powered by new data, data science and technology, we drive digital transformation at the core of their business and enable new outcomes.
A data expert and practiced in agile software engineering. Your entrepreneurial attitude helps you support a team to achieve breakthrough results in this new age of applied intelligence. You are confident working on data engineering tasks in large-scale data environments. You want to help federal agencies transform data from dark and siloed to Dynamic, Dependable Distributed and Democratized.
-Support medium-to-large size data engineering projects
· -Work with cloud technologies, particularly AWS, to standup and maintain data environments and pipelines
· -Work with streaming, batch, unstructured, and structured data sets that involve both text and various media to model data and determine integration approaches
· -Work with DevOps toolchains and processes to automate and rapidly deliver data engineering tasks
· -Integrate data environment through pipelines to support analytic efforts and production applications
· -Sustain data pipelines and delivery of optimization and monitoring capabilities
· -Incorporate standards and create documentation for data pipeline services
· -Utilize open source data management tools (e.g., Apache AirFlow, Atlas, etc.)
· - Establish and update a data catalog and associated ontologies
Here is what you need:
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with designing and developing medium-to-large data environments and associated services (e.g., data pipelines, data cataloging) for enterprise applications and analytics projects
- Proven experience fusing, mining and preparing data sets using SQL, Oracle, or Elastic technologies
- Experience performing machine learning (ML) functions for data preparation and automation of other data services (e.g., data quality measures, utilization, mapping, etc.)
- Must be a US Citizen; no dual citizens
Bonus points if:
- Master’s degree
- Familiarity with hybrid cloud infrastructures
- Experience with Python, Java, or other relevant scripting languages
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) best practices for code build and deployments
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
LocationsDC,DC - Washington,VA - Reston
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.