Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Washington, DC
Accenture Federal Services, bringing together commercial innovation with the latest technology to help our government clients reach their full potential. As a U.S. based subsidiary of Accenture, we bring 360-degree customer views by going beyond just capturing and curating data. We decode information that helps our clients embrace intelligent technologies confidently. Powered by new data, data science and technology, we drive digital transformation at the core of their business and enable new outcomes.
A data expert and practiced in application and infrastructure architectures. Your entrepreneurial attitude helps you support a team to achieve breakthrough results in this new age of applied intelligence. You are responsible for data discovery, building and maintaining an attribute, data, and metadata catalog that unifies access control policies, attributes, and data sets. You want to help federal agencies transform data from dark and siloed to Dynamic, Dependable Distributed and Democratized.
· - Support medium-to-large size data engineering projects
· -Work with various data source owners and consuming application stakeholders to understand their streaming, batch, unstructured, and structured database requirements
· - Build an understanding of the variety of stakeholder domains required to build analytic insights, and provide clear data models to inform interoperability, security, and governance
· - Create, optimize, and maintain of conceptual, logical, and physical data models mapping data across pipelines
· - Map data domain requirements for new or emerging sources into existing data models
· - Set standards and create documentation for data models with quality and governance measures for complex, extensible, and scalable on premise and cloud-based data platforms
· - Establish and update a data catalog and associated ontologies
Here is what you need:
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience designing medium-to-large data environments and associated services in collaboration with application and infrastructure architects
- Experience fusing, mining and preparing data sets using SQL, Oracle, or Elastic technologies
- Proven experience evaluating and recommending approaches for integrating machine learning (ML) capabilities for data preparation and automation of other data services
- Must be a US Citizen; no dual citizens
Bonus points if:
- Master’s degree
- Familiarity with hybrid cloud infrastructures and modern application development practices
- Experience with Python, Java, or other relevant scripting languages
- Passion for producing high quality deliverables for a variety for stakeholders
- Experience creating visualizations to help users understand available data
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
LocationsDC,DC - Washington,VA - Reston
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.