The Accounting Analyst supports the AFS General Accounting function within the Controllership organization. They are responsible for performing various general ledger and financial reporting activities, including preparation of month-end journal entries and related account reconciliations and analysis.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Participate in monthly consolidated close, including extended work hours during close to meet deadlines
- Prepare journal entries in accordance with GAAP
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations and analysis and resolve any discrepancies with minimal supervision
- Review work performed by analysts on the general accounting team
- Document and monitor internal controls
- Communicate with cross-functional teams within AFS and Accenture to perform operational accounting duties
- Ensure compliance with AFS policies, US GAAP, and Federal cost compliance rules
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting and assist with special projects, as required
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- Proficient Excel skills (Pivot Tables, Vlookups)
- Professional or internship experience in Accounting
- Audit experience
- Good organizational skills and able to manage and meet deadlines
- Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- CPA or CPA candidate
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.