Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA
Accenture Federal Services, bringing together commercial innovation with the latest technology to unleash the potential for our federal clients. Operating in the nation's Capital, we stay ahead of what’s coming next. Drawing from the power of Accenture, we deliver integrated, mobile and interactive experiences that exceed our people’s expectations. Join us where ideas are freely exchanged, and concepts evolve into practical solutions.
A motivated, inquisitive developer. You use your skills to deliver innovative solutions that help our federal clients improve the services they provide to the American public. Driven by curiosity, you explore how new technologies can be applied to solve challenging business problems. You thrive in a collaborative, creative and productive team environment.
- Apply application design and development across multiple technology areas
- Configure software products and systems
- Develop product and platform prototypes
- Develop proof of concepts across the technology stack
- Drive consistent quality solution development and delivery
Here's what you need:
- Minimum 2 years of professional work experience developing in Java
- Minimum 2 years of work experience with JEE or other Java frameworks (e.g. Spring)
- Minimum 2 years of work experience using Java development tools (e.g. Eclipse, JUnit, Git)
- Minimum 2 years of work experience with relational or other database platforms, SQL or other query languages
- US Citizenship required
Bonus points if:
- You’ve got a Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering or Technical Service
- You have experience with Java Application Servers such as Red Hat JBoss
- You have experience with data modeling and ORM tools (e.g. Hibernate)
- You’ve got architecture design experience using common design patterns
- You have experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS) components in solutions
- You have experience working in a environment, using tools such as Jenkins and Ansible in CI/CD pipelines
- You’ve got experience with performance testing and tuning
- You have previous consulting experience
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.