The Accounting and Reporting Specialist supports the AFS Accounting and Reporting function within the Controllership organization. They are responsible for performing various general ledger and financial reporting activities, including preparation of month-end journal entries and related account reconciliations and analysis.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Participate in monthly consolidated close and perform mid-month inter-company activities
- Prepare financial accounting deliverables provided to Accenture to support Accenture's externally filed financial statements
- Prepare AFS and its subsidiaries financial statements and provide MoM/QoQ variance analyses
- Serve as point of contact for any accounting issues/questions, including troubleshooting
- Respond to ad-hoc reporting requests and special project requests from internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare journal entries in accordance with GAAP
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations and analysis and resolve any discrepancies with minimal supervision
- Execute internal controls to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP, AFS policies, and Federal cost compliance rules
- Support internal and external audits
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting and assist with special projects, as required
- Evaluate and recommend improvements in accounting procedures and processes
- Communicate with cross-functional teams within AFS and Accenture to perform operational accounting duties
- Identify and participate in opportunities to continuously improve training, methodologies, tools, and skills
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- 2 years of accounting experience
- Strong Excel skills (Pivot Tables, Vlookups, Index Match)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and the ability to communicate with employees at all levels (written and verbal)
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Public accounting expense (specifically with public company audits)
- Government Contracting Experience
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and SharePoint Sites
- Familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Government Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.