Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation’s priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
The Federal - SAP Technical Architect is responsible for the following:
- Understanding the long term needs and goals of the client from a technical and business operation standpoint
- Working with project leads to assist in reviewing and guiding a multi-year roadmap for the client that covers not only the technical solutions but also change management and process/procedure improvement areas
- Working with project lead to understand requirements and assist in defining the overall high level solution for a given project
- Defining the integration plan of the solution within the ERP landscape and ensure that it is in alignment with the long term roadmap
- Assisting technical teams in addressing questions and concerns along with reviewing deliverables to ensure they are in alignment with overall roadmap
- Identifying risks and provide solutions to mitigate and or resolve those risks
- Providing not only technical solutions, but also providing recommendations on improving processes and procedures for technical, functional, and even business procedures to help keep all projects in alignment of the roadmap
- Balancing business needs & functionality to determine the right solutions for the client keeping in mind their short term and long term needs
- Ensuring solutions are scalable & reusable in accordance with roadmap
- Ensuring solutions have monitoring & management of the solution as part of long term maintenance/sustainment to ensure alignment with the roadmap
- Acting as integrator between technical, functional, basis, and security teams to ensure all understand the overall solution and goals of a given project
- US Citizen (no dual citizenship)
- Bachelor of Science (BS) OR Bachelor of Arts (BA) Degree OR 4 years relevant SAP experience
- Minimum of 4 years of SAP ERP end-to-end technical solution delivery life cycle experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with MS Office Suite
- Must be local to Mechanicsburg, PA area or willing to travel at least 50%
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- US Federal Government IT experience
- Exposure to Systems Lifecycle Methodology (Waterfall/Agile)
- Prior IT Production Support experience
- Technical infrastructure management experience
- Technical solution architect/integration experience
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
LocationsDC,DC - Washington,IL - Chicago,MD - Baltimore,NC - Charlotte,NJ - Florham Park,NY - New York,PA - Harrisburg,PA - Philadelphia,PA - Pittsburgh,VA - Arlington
Related Jobs Near You
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.