The digital revolution is changing everything, transforming how we work and play, and Accenture Digital is leading the way - driving these exciting changes across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. Designing and implementing cutting-edge digital solutions for leading businesses and governments around the world, you will be creating real ‘wow moments’ for customers, connecting them with our clients through advanced analytics, interactive, social media and mobility. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on, to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises.
Digital Products creates value for our clients, their employees, and their customers. We design and build software that changes the way people work and live. Our team collaborates across studio locations in Boston, Chicago, Houston, New York, and Seattle with 300+ employees across the US and Canada. With expertise in product strategy, project management, QA, design thinking, user-experience design/research, and impeccable development for native mobile, web, and embedded systems, we will help bring clarity to any omni-channel product vision.
You’re at the top of your game and instrumental in guiding the entire craft development and delivery output for the design team. Principals provide a creative vision not just for the projects, but also a majority of the department's creative output. They establish processes and practices for realizing that vision and set the bar for quality. They contribute to the development of the team's design-based engagements and internal experience principles; and then ensure that those are appropriately interpreted through the team's work.
Principals act as the voice for their teams, internally with other departments and company initiatives, as well as externally with clients and within the industry. They are the staunch defender for their team members, the champion of the department's values and the one of the visionaries for the future of the team.
You thrive working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and relish acting as a mentor to more junior designers. You inspire confidence immediately with a client and are brought in for more challenging or advanced clients, to guide and support other designers. You are inspired by innovative web and mobile design and follow the latest design trends. You’re an organized project team player with the ability to iron out an amorphous process and effectively lead the team’s deliverables, responsibilities and schedule.
The Work: Experience Design Lead
- Ensure best practices are upheld on a project level or within individual mentorship of other designers for their project
- Conviction to champion your perspective while successfully collaborating with other points of view
- Guides the team in the visual direction, style, and methodology
- Lead Designer on simultaneous engagements, overseeing the creative output of a project team or client engagement
- Manages the operations of a project's creative team by setting priorities, assigning resources, and ensuring project goals are achieved
- Lead by example through high engagement and collaboration in group or individual settings and mentorship
- Monitor and drive a project team to utilize the best and latest methods and tools in order to be competitive in the industry
- Offer counsel to clients on a consistent basis and are often seen as a part of “their” team
- Comfortable leading and providing structure to potentially amorphous or evolving processes
- Lead the team’s deliverables, responsibilities and schedule while maintaining the integrity of design process
- Explain and sell design decisions to clients and stakeholders
- Comfortable working as a solo-designer, team member, or team lead
- Collaborate effectively with remote and onsite team members, including but not limited to designers, researchers, project/product managers, QA, developers, and technical architects
- Have a Human Centered Design approach in solving user needs with deep customer empathy
- Apply design thinking to create world-class digital experiences across multiple platforms and channels, by bringing together user needs, business goals and technical realities
- Translate concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity despite system complexity
- Create instant tangibility for the team and the client through storytelling and rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototyping
- Work directly with customers, peers and creative leads to design end-to-end experiences using participatory and iterative design techniques including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of qualitative and quantitative research to uncover insights, learn about user behavior and verify design concepts
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented
- Participate in and contribute to Project Debriefs, project templates and design POV’s
- Still be hands on in helping develop wireframes, user flows, interaction prototypes, user personas, customer journeys, site maps, and other design specification materials
- Help shape opportunities including estimating, scoping, resourcing and RFP and or BD responses
Here's what you need:
6+ years experience in digital design
Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field in Information Design, Interaction Design, Human Factors or equivalent experience
Bonus points if:
- You're experienced with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with external clients and their customers, along with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management and user research
- You're Composed in high-pressure situations with a “big-picture” perspective on how to handle those
- You're Comfortable designing within iOS and Android native, Web Responsive, and additional platform guidelines using Sketch, Axure, the Creative Suite, and other relative design tools
- You have a willingness for reasonable business travel to work with onsite teams and clients
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 469,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
Informatica PowerCenter Consultant
Business & Technology Integration
Oracle Cloud HCM Consultant
Business & Technology Integration
USA TX - Houston
Capability Network CFO&EV Senior Analyst
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.