Location: San Antonio, TX
Accenture Federal Services is seeking a Cloud Architect to work in our San Antonio Delivery Center (SADC). The successful candidate will provide supplemental support across select AFS Portfolio Cloud engagements.
The Accenture Federal Services, Strategic Solutions (S2), Cloud Service Practice provides expertise in emerging technologies with an approach unique to cloud: Our strategy is focused on a broad set of services and solutions. We enable the entire IT mission to modernize and transform into the cutting edge of cloud services.
Within S2, Cloud
Services Practice, Cloud Management Platform & Services (CMPS)
program, the Cloud Architect’s mission is underpinned by the driving
purpose to provide the highest quality of client satisfaction. Our
mission is tightly woven into every delivery mechanism to match the rapidly
changing expectations of cloud technology management. The AFS cloud
management platform delivers centralized, simplified, highly secure and fully
managed solutions specifically designed to be delivered by a centralized
management service for brokering, governing and operating multiple cloud
solutions. We don’t just give customers a tool for choosing and delivering
cloud (IaaS) and cloud-based (PaaS/SaaS) services, we partner with them
throughout the entire engagement lifecycle. As a major cloud provider and
industry-leading government systems integrator, we offer a complete cloud
portfolio with the ease of single-point accountability to deliver the
ultimate client experience.
AFS is seeking
a seasoned Cloud Architect ready to advance their career in the
latest go-to-market strategies, product and service development
lifecycle processes, emerging technologies,
cloud managed services frameworks.
The CMPS Cloud Architect has significant stake holding and
contributing voice for the existing and future CMPS architecture,
evolving and infusing innovative technologies into the CMPS framework across
multiple deployment and service models, over the life of our
AFS – Cloud Management Platform & Services strategy.
As a CMPS
Cloud Architect, you will support account teams in the pursuit
of opportunity growth, assist performing and supporting solution
architect responsibilities for custom complex CMPS engagements, be
partly responsible for managing ongoing enhancements and new
development, provide technical architecture support for platform upgrades
(as well as hands-on enablement execution), remediations requiring new
solutions and the research and development of new CMPS and tenant service
offering across different portfolios, and an escalation point for current
install-based tenants. You will collaborate closely with
CMPS Business Engineers, Solution Architects, Cloud and Security
Engineers, Developers, Delivery Lead, and PMO teams on a regular
To be successful
in this role, the ideal candidate will possess excellent verbal and written
communication and presentation skills and will have prior experience
preparing reports and presenting them to technical and relationship
management leads (to both external and internal clients). The
candidate seeks to be a part of a practice that constantly aims to lead the
industry in cloud practices and therefore proactively participates in continuous
Additionally, the CMPS Cloud Architect will be joining a highly integrated team of self-motivators to achieve the common goal of building an extremely successful and results-driven Cloud Services practice. It’s important the candidate shares the mission and purpose to deliver the highest client satisfaction in every facet of the job.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provides Cloud solutions input including strategy, architecture, design, and implementation for the IaaS, PaaS and SaaS environments in AWS, Azure, Google and/or VMware cloud environments.
- Assist in developing or modifying solutions involving hybrid cloud, multi-cloud and virtualized environments in alignment with the customer requirements.
- Contributes to architecture team direction to help provide cloud migration strategy and implementation methodology to ensure high performance, scalability, availability, and security of cloud environments. Provides COOP/DR strategy and architecture for cloud environments.
- Provides solution architecture support to sales and proposal teams for select bids.
- Provides assistance in cloud solutions with cloud-native technologies, Microservices architectures and DevSecOps methodologies.
- Provides assistance to customers in ROI and TCO analysis provides cost models and suitable architecture to optimize costs.
- Ensures problem resolution and customer satisfaction for select tasks pertinent to architecture, design, and implementation. Where appropriate, instructs, directs and oversees the work of other personnel assisting SDM team.
- BS degree in a technical discipline (STEM) or an equivalent level of knowledge and work experience.
- 5-7 years of applicable industry experience in large scale system architecture, design, and integration with a focus on infrastructure, storage, networking, and virtualization.
- 3 years of experience in Cloud architecture, design, implementation, operations and automation.
- Experience with service delivery and operations in public, private and/or community cloud deployment models.
- Experience with service delivery and operations in infrastructure and platform cloud service models.
- Experience technical cloud security requirements such as with CSA (Cloud Security Alliance),FedRAMP, NIST 800-53, DOD IL4, IL5 and/or IL6, continuous monitoring and assessment & authorization and other federal security standards and guidelines.
- Experience with AWS is a must; experience with other cloud service providers is highly desired.
- Experience in developing basis of estimates and level of effort estimates for both implementation and sustainment scopes.
- Good understanding of the concepts of cloud architectures, cloud services broker model, cloud security broker models, and compute/storage/network/database solutions.
- Good understanding of the concepts of managed service provider service offerings, architecting multi-tenant IaaS and PaaS offerings including containers-based platforms (Kubernetes, Docker etc)
- Experience with cloud management platforms, Identity and access management / other security concepts including developing complex Active Directory schema’s, Federated Active Directory, Personal Identity Verification (PIV), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), etc.
- High degree of technical expertise and knowledge of UNIX/Linux-or Red Hat based operating systems and related applications
- AWS Solution Architect Professional Certification (preferred)
- AWS Solution Architect Associate
- Cisco Certified Network Professional Cloud (CCNP Cloud)
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Architect
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Service Infrastructure
- Experience with networking protocols, firewalls, routers, proxy servers.
- Experience with DevOps and DevSecOps; automation of server/infrastructure deployment such as Terraform, UiPath, Ansible/Chef/Puppet, and other scripting language desired.
- Good understanding of software architecture and multi-tiered application stacks.
- Experience with Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) automation including Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment CI/CD pipeline.
- Strong communication skills including ability to present to internal and external management teams.
- Ability to work independently, work in a small team, or lead small teams as required.
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified in Risk and Information Security Control (CRISC)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- CompTIA Security +
- ITILv3 Certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified ScrumMaster
This role requires US citizenship with no dual US citizenship accepted.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
Informatica PowerCenter Consultant
Business & Technology Integration
Oracle Cloud HCM Consultant
Business & Technology Integration
USA TX - Houston
Capability Network CFO&EV Senior Analyst
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.