The Accounting and Reporting Audit Specialist supports the AFS Accounting and Reporting function within the Controllership organization. They are responsible for performing various audit support and financial reporting activities, including preparation of PBCs and coordination and review of audit support from other finance team members.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Support the external KPMG annual audit including control and substantive testing
- Support the external DCAA audits such as accounting system audit
- Support other audit efforts as needed
- Prepare detail support and sampling schedules as required for various audits
- Gather and/or coordinate support requests and monitor the status of outstanding requests
- Review documentation provided by other finance team members
- Document and monitor internal controls
- Evaluate and recommend improvements in accounting procedures and processes
- Communicate with cross-functional teams within AFS and Accenture to perform operational accounting duties
- Ensure compliance with AFS policies, US GAAP, and Federal cost compliance rules
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting and assist with special projects, as required
When not actively involved in audit tasks:
- Participate in monthly consolidated close, including extended work hours during close to meet deadlines
- Prepare journal entries in accordance with GAAP
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations and analysis and resolve any discrepancies with minimal supervision
- Review work performed by analysts on the general accounting team
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- 2+ years experience in public accounting, general accounting or technical accounting
- Good organizational skills and able to manage and meet deadlines
- Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Preferred audit coordination experience
- Preferred Federal Government Contracting industry experience
- CPA or CPA candidate
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.