Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation’s priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
- The Application Development Manager will partner with Program Manager and Chief Architect on consultative approaches that impact and drive client initiatives and priorities.
- Regularly check code into our continuous integration pipeline based on Git and Jenkins to incrementally build our overall system and get immediate feedback on build performance
- Develop and expand unit and integration tests which will be automatically run by the build pipeline for developer feedback using JUnit and other tools like Geb, Spock, Serenity, Cucumber and Selenium
- Assists in resolving production support problems. Develops and suggests alternative approaches to resolving problems.
- Ability to lead a team of 10-12 developers, as well as work directly with government development leads
- Provide hands-on technical and best practice direction to project team and oversee the work of team members to ensure they meet or exceed performance standards and enforce standards and best practices
- Work with Product Owner to ensure the Acceptance Criteria is defined with clear pass/fail requirements that state the conditions of satisfaction
- Ensure code base is testable, efficient, maintainable, and remains compliant with the various standards
- Conduct a light-weight internal code review to validate compliance test-ability, and maintainability at each sprint
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that requires the individual to simultaneously manage several tasks, while paying attention to detail and quality
- Mentor junior members on the team
- Proactively communicates with the development and management teams to anticipate configuration management issues/processes
- Proactively seeks opportunities to implement improvements to internal team processes
- Contributes to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organizations Agile project life-cycle
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or an additional 5 years experience
- 8+ years of recent experience developing and implementing software solutions using Java and .Net technologies
- 3 years experience leading a team of Java Developers
- 3 years of recent experience working with RESTful APIs/Spring Services/Spring MVC along with object relational mapping platforms like Spring Data/Hibernate or similar ORM solutions
- 3 years of recent experience working with Java/JEE application working with Java/JEE application servers like tomcat, weblogic or JBoss etc.
- Recent experience using software development tools like Eclipse/STS, Git, Maven, Ant, Jenkins
- Recent experience with designing and performing unit tests and automated test
- Experience working in an SAFe Agile environment
- Experience in software development for federal government
- Experience in Responsive Web Design and Single Page web applications
- Experience in server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS & SASS
- Experience in asynchronous request handling, partial page updates & AJAX
- Experience working in a continuous integration environment
- Working experience in windows and Linux environments
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.