Location: Reston, VA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation’s priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
Accenture Federal Services is seeking a Data Scientist to support a US Federal client based in Reston, VA.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Create innovative solutions to meet the technical needs of customers.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Participate in the development of documentation.
- This role conducts experimentation in various data science techniques, developing, executing, and maintaining scripts and prototypes to analyze, interpret, visualize, and gain knowledge from numerous data sets individually or in combination to meet mission needs.
- Coordinate closely with customers, Scrum Masters, and cross-functional areas to communicate project statuses and initiatives.
- Analyze data to effectively coordinate the installation of new systems or modifications to existing systems.
- Support the Agile software development lifecycle.
- Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness.
- Develop and execute project plans leveraging Atlassian tool suite like JIRA and Confluence to track activities.
- Apply best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Experience using the statistical computer language Python to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience using Python to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Candidate must have a BS with 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience
- US Citizenship; dual citizens not eligible
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience using statistical computer languages using R, SQL, etc. to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders
- Experience querying and analyzing operating system/machine logs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.