The Intercompany specialist oversees three areas: Global Cost Pool Accounting, Accenture Federal Services Consolidation, and Intercompany Reporting. This role does not have direct reports; however, works closely with other intercompany teams located in Chicago, Buenos Aires, Dalian, and Dublin. The specialist will build a global network working with all levels of area tax, country and global controllership, finance business management, finance process excellence, and AEE finance colleagues to create tax audit support, monitor the monthly transactions, and investigate and analyze variances.
Brief Description of Duties:
Global Cost Pool Accounting
Accenture global cost pool collects internal costs that benefit more than one Accenture company and allocates a GAAP charge based on revenue or headcount to the benefiting country.
- Utilize knowledge of the Accenture organization to approve costs that meet cost pool criteria.
- Collaborate with other finance contacts to build documentation that supports country tax deductions from shared internal costs.
- Reconcile monthly calculation of billings
- Support annual KPMG audit of cost allocation
Accenture Federal Services (AFS) Consolidation
AFS uses a non-SAP financial system which is consolidated into Accenture SAP system monthly.
- Create consolidation files that transfer intercompany costs between Accenture’s SAP and AFS’ Costpoint systems
- Work closely with the AFS General Accounting team to coordinate the financial transactions for borrow/loaned activity and purchased services.
- Maintain and update AFS tax/intercompany business procedures
The intercompany process has monthly reconciliation requirements prior to closing the period. Every expense/payable must offset against a revenue/ receivable. Expertise built monitoring the monthly process is applied to answer internal and external inquiries on the intercompany process.
- Identify reconciliation errors that create consolidation issues using SAP standard tools
- Provide custom responses to controllership/tax questions on intercompany processes
- Create summary reports from SAP that answer ad-hoc questions
- Research accounting of existing processes to provide as-is support on system results
- Support controllership on intercompany tax audits
Role Specific Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of SAP processes including: Cross Company Code journals and Intercompany (IC) Accounts including transfer pricing, and IC consolidation rules
- Tax/Intercompany monthly close dependencies
- Apply expertise toward the testing, stabilization, maintenance and continuous improvement of IC processes on IC systems and solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 3 years of Accounting and/or Finance experience
- Working knowledge of business and finance fundamentals
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint, Teams)
- Proficient in SAP financials (intercompany experience desirable)
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal English language skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and different business cultures
- Ability to work independently with high degree of accountability
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Strong organizational, project management, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.