People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Legal and Commercial Services professionals deliver and coordinate legal, contract and commercial advice and counsel in support of Accenture's or our clients' business, working to manage and mitigate risk and ensure ethical behavior and compliance with laws and company policies.
Review, draft, and negotiate several types of contractual agreements in a fast-paced corporate environment which may include: master services agreements, outsourcing agreements, statements of work, service level agreements, licensing agreements, SaaS agreements, data transfer agreements, requests for proposals and agreements involving cloud, blockchain security, automation, systems integration and agile development. Team with more senior CLPs in supporting more complex contracts and deal structures. Act, and continuously evolve as, a knowledgeable and relevant advisor on legal and commercial risks associated with transactions.
Independently, and help to, structure, negotiate and close client transactions to be most advantageous from a legal and business perspective
Strategize with senior CLPs and internal business clients prior to client negotiations
Stay abreast of developments affecting the company, its clients, and industries
Educate and advise company executives with respect to legal and risk management issues based on accurate interpretation of contract documents and the facts of a business opportunity
Represent the company’s interests and interface directly with client negotiating teams
Develop subject matter expertise in one of more areas that benefit Legal and/or our business
Participate in developing internal guidelines, toolkits, and packaged knowledge capital on various legal and business issues
Support, promote and implement Legal Group initiatives
Embrace and evolve to gain expertise in the 7 Contracting attributes: Pathfinder, Architect, Business-Minded, Nonconformist, Inspired, Relevant and Tech Enabled.
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- Authorized and licensed to practice law in at least 1 jurisdiction
- Minimum 4 years of transactional experience in digital, consulting, systems integration, and/or outsourcing areas in roles with increasing responsibility, such experience should be in a law firm or in a fast-paced corporate legal/transaction group in a relevant industry
- Experience negotiating technology-based arrangements
- Experience in independently managing and drafting transactional documents and correspondence
- Experience resolving, drafting for, and negotiating, complex legal and business issues
- Proficient in MS Office suite of products
- Proven ability to efficiently manage a large volume of transactions
- Strong executive presence
- Basic understanding of contracting/risk issues, including IP, as they apply to digital, consulting, systems integration, and outsourcing transactions
- Able to present alternatives and proposed solutions
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting
- Ability to apply judgment to broaden influence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.