- Ensure the efficient, accurate, and timely completion of all federal and state income tax returns.
- Manage the relationship with our compliance outsource provider.
- Apply prior federal tax compliance experience to do value-added reviews of taxable income and returns and optimize processes.
- Forecast future year taxable income for purposes of GAAP reporting, estimated tax payments, and tax cash flow forecasting.
- Perform research of and advise on technical guidance for federal, international and business combination income tax issues.
- Manage a team of up to five direct and indirect reports, including workflow and priority management, training and coaching, and promoting their growth and development opportunities.
- Oversee special projects as needed, including researching technical issues, preparing memoranda, developing and/or reviewing calculations, collaborating with internal or external advisors.
- Understand and ensure accurate Federal and international reporting requirements under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017.
- Develop internal relationships with other financial or operational groups to improve our ability to obtain data needed to accurately forecast taxable income.
- Team with the US Tax Planning and Tax Accounting groups to ensure accurate tax treatment and tax reporting of acquisitions, restructurings, liquidations, and divestitures.
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of the year-end and quarterly GAAP income tax reporting process for the US.
- Ensure the accurate GAAP reporting of all US income tax accounts, through processes such as monthly taxes payable account reconciliations.
- Compute the tax provision and draft required disclosures for US statutory and separate entity company financial statements.
- Collaborate with the US tax planning team to optimize tax planning strategies, and ensure ideas are accurately reported in the federal income tax returns.
- Analyze financial models to determine the impact of tax planning ideas on income taxes payable.
- Ensure all federal tax return files are fully documented and audit ready; prepare and plan for audits, including reviewing compliance workpapers.
- Assist in responding to federal and state tax auditor requests.
- Manage the responses to all notices and correspondence from US income tax agencies.
- Develop and implement process and procedures in anticipation of audits and advise on current IRS Initiatives.
- Compute and monitor US tax reserves, including advising on audit issues and tracking likely outcome and settlement potential.
- Monitor Statute of Limitations issues, including maintenance of comprehensive forecast of statute closings.
- Interact with governmental taxing authorities.
- Monitor and maintain policies related to privilege in the planning and compliance process.
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 10 years of tax experience with a focus on compliance.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- This position requires significant US federal tax reporting experience in a multinational company or professional services firm environment.
- Experience with reporting requirements under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 is preferred.
- The individual must have experience in the management of all income tax reporting requirements.
- Experience should include at least 10+ years of federal tax experience in one or a combination of "Big 4" firm or large multinational corporate environment.
- Experience ideally will include successful design and implementation of process improvements to efficiently manage US reporting processes and sub-processes.
- Ideal candidates will have prior knowledge of compliance and accounting requirements for acquired entities and/or technical skills and experience with the international reporting requirements for a US entity.
- Self-starter with the ability and confidence to work well in an unstructured, dynamic environment.
- Team player; collaborative with peers and has managed or led a team of direct reports.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to master complex functions and simultaneously execute multiple projects.
- Independent thinker.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel), advanced Excel skills preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.