Organization: Accenture Strategy
Travel: Up to 80%
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 469,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Strategy professionals apply deep strategy development, architecting value and operating model architecture skills, influence through insight and partner with our clients to make bold decisions on priority C-Suite issues. They provide deep understanding of our clients' industry landscape and business options in the context of global, economic, technology and social trends.
The Life Sciences industry is evolving rapidly from selling products to delivering value through a better patient outcomes.
We work with our pharmaceutical, biotech, medical technology, distributor and consumer health clients globally to redefine the future of the life sciences industry: combining the latest technology with scientific breakthroughs to revolutionize how medical treatments are discovered, developed and delivered to patients around the world.
The Life Sciences Strategy Manager applies deep industry knowledge, value-focused strategy development, and leadership skills to influence client agendas and priority C-Suite issues at the intersection of business, technology and operations.
Strategy professionals help clients develop corporate strategies, make strategic investment decisions, structure effective business and operating models, and transform their businesses in an effort to grow their revenue while maintaining or reducing costs. Strategy professionals help Research & Development executives with issues such as pipeline and portfolio optimization, agile operating models to increase pipeline probability of success and speed to approvals, navigating a changing regulatory and health authority landscape, and applying new technologies and intelligent automation to the drug discovery and development process.
A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
- Provides solutions to complex business problems for area(s) of responsibility where analysis of situations requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Involved in setting strategic direction to establish near term goals for area of responsibility.
- Interacts with senior management levels at a client and/or within Accenture, which involves negotiating or influencing on significant matters.
- Has latitude in decision-making and determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments. Decisions have a lasting impact on area of responsibility with the potential to impact outside area of responsibility.
- Manages large teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
- Minimum of 3 years of Life Sciences R&D experience, either in industry or through business consulting.
- Minimum of 3 years consulting experience at a strategy consulting firm or equivalent internal consulting experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- M.S. or PhD. in a scientific field or MBA Degree
- Strong pharmaceutical R&D experience, for example Discovery, Translational Medicine, Clinical Development, Clinical Operations, Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacovigilance.
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
LocationsIL - Chicago,MA - Boston,MN - Minneapolis,NJ - Florham Park,NY - New York,PA - Philadelphia
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.