Location: Huntsville, AL
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation’s priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
The Initiative Lead / Solution Architect role and responsibilities include:
- Support the Solution Architect providing solution design and solution approval process. When required, provide costing, response development and operations support
- Lead full product development lifecycle for custom and COTS application implementations
- Gather and document requirements
- Research and design solution options for customer selection
- Coordinate with team leads to prepare level of effort estimates for each solution option
- Develop project & resource plan
- Prioritize tasks throughout project execution for multi-skill team including technical developers and functional analysts
- Present periodic project status updates and product demonstrations
- Manage budget and resource allocations across project timeline
- Lead team responsible for final delivery and stabilization
- Support preparation of project/initiative documentation, like design reviews, operational readiness reviews, timeline management and risk management
- Facilitate technical discussions and support testing scope and test plan development
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience leading technical implementations
- 10+ years of experience working with a major ERP system to include Financial and Procurement business process support, preferably with integrations to external applications either within the organization or with a third party
- 5+ years of requirements documentation experience
- 2 years of test planning and execution experience, including documenting test plans, executing test plans, track testing execution, and defect management
- Strong written and oral communication skills, especially capable of effectively expressing technical concepts to both business and technical resources to achieve optimal levels of understanding amongst team members
- Forward thinking, innovative, self-motivated and directed, detail-oriented but also able to communicate at executive summary level
- 5 years working in an agile/scrum project environment
- 5 years working with other business applications (i.e. web-based
- Ability to support operational support needs, including end user documentation, communications, and trouble-shooting user issues
- Comfortable working in both virtual and in-person collaborative environments
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.