Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD (Baltimore, MD)
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation’s priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
The Performance Tester will support efforts to validate the solution design by testing the application against performance requirements. They will support the test leads by creating detailed performance test tasks for the work plan and providing accurate status of these tasks. Develops detailed test plans and results artifacts. The Performance Tester will identify and create detailed test cases and test scripts and map to appropriate requirements and design specifications. The Performance Tester will have the following job responsibilities:
- Supports Test Lead in upward stakeholder management, status report development, metrics, etc.
- Creates performance test approach and strategy from system requirements and design documents
- Establishes verifiable performance benchmarks for system and system components
- Assists in identifying clear performance requirements / measurement criteria from poorly defined metrics
- Ability to identify test cases and map them to performance/system/integration requirements for appropriate testing coverage
- Responsible for creating and maintaining test artifacts (plans, reports, dashboards) and ensuring they meet client's expectations
- Manages the creation of required test data and data loads for each performance test run
- Manages shakeout testing and maintaining performance test environment
- Create accurate time estimates and meet schedules for performance/stress testing efforts
- Manages effort of automating the performance/load test scripts
- Performs execution of test cases/runs to meet required execution targets to keep the project on schedule
- Analyzes data gathered from performance test runs and provides sound recommendations for performance improvements and can identify bottlenecks of web applications
- Recommend to the proper teams performance tuning in different categories: system, platform, application, etc. as necessary
- Reviews test results in test tools and validates test cases are complete and of high quality
- Communicates any testing issues and/or risks to Test Lead in a timely fashion
- Communicate effectively with architecture, design, and development teams to learn system and resolve defects
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule as needed to manage execution of test cases
Basic Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+years experience or Bachelor's Degree with 1 yr of exp.
- Experience in Performance Test role using performance test tools (HP Load Runner, IBM Rational Performance Tester, Load Impact, Load Test, etc.)
- SAFe Agile certification
- Experience in Java Development, SQL Performance tuning
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.