Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 469,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
People in our Client Delivery & Operations career track drive delivery and capability excellence through the design, development and/or delivery of a solution, service, capability or offering. They grow into delivery-focused roles, and can progress within their current role, laterally or upward.
The Senior Machine Operator will perform as a specialist to set up, operate and maintain machinery (collators, folders, stitchers, shrink wrapper etc.) in the bindery area to assemble and finish booklets, pamphlets and other types of printed matter or to prepare material for mailing.
- Review work requisitions for specifications as to material, processing method and deadlines and determines job priorities in conjunction with supervisor or independently in supervisor’s absence
- Determine method of set up for new and or complex jobs
- Ensure that prescribed operational and quality control procedures are followed for each work assignment
- Investigate and correct machine malfunctions
- Maintain records of requests, processes, productivity, quality control procedures
- Respond to inquiries and advise other staff or departments on procedures, processing capabilities, and status of requisitions or problems and delays in processing
- Perform other duties as required
*Overtime may be required during peak processing times
**Ability to lift materials weighing approximately 50 pounds
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a machine operator
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to prioritize jobs to ensure that all departmental deadlines are met to ensure service levels
- Ability to set up and operate machinery in the bindery section to complete work assignments
- Ability to maintain accurate records and logs to support departmental record keeping
- Interface with staff in other departments of Accenture to provide information upon request
- Knowledge of and ability to follow departmental and OSHA safety rules and regulations to ensure a safe work environment for self and other staff
- Operate a pallet transporter to move materials as needed to set up machinery
- Basic computer skills
- Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.