Supply Chain, and we move fast, think fast, and work fast. Our Fortune 500 clients need big-picture change, so we come at their challenges from all sides with functional insights, data power, digital leadership, and extensive industry know-how. It’s our job to show clients how to take major leaps forward in planning, procurement, manufacturing, and fulfillment. How do we do it? We call out the most important metrics. We cut costs. We connect suppliers and customers across the extended supply chain. And we create strategies and operating models that really work.
An inventory planning expert. You know that companies need to keep the right amount of the right products or materials on hand to stay profitable. And you have the data skills and experience to find ways to make the whole process more efficient all the way through the supply chain. You’ve also got the communication skills to make sure that everyone understands your ideas and how to get them working as quickly as possible. Your experience also means that people look to you for guidance and ideas. And you know how to make sure teams get their work done on time, every time.
- Find solutions to clients’ planning and manufacturing problems
- Persuade senior clients and Accenture managers why alternate approaches may be needed
- Decide which methods and procedures to use when completing projects
- Work alone or manage diverse, small-to-medium sized teams as needed, either at the client or at Accenture
- Make sure that projects help clients meet their important goals
- Be ready to challenge old ways of doing things
- Use the latest analytical tools to help clients identify and understand:
- Who their customers are
- What those customers want
- Which assets they have and how to use them
- Give clients useful information about:
- Approaches for better forecasting
- Ways to increase profits
- Set inventory targets that help provide the right level of customer service while keeping the costs of doing that as low as possible
- Make sure client inventory levels are appropriate throughout the supply chain as needed
- Find the right planning strategies to help clients’ business and value chain needs, like postponement, make to order, make to stock, and make to assembly
- Use digital tech to help clients find new ways to make things more cheaply, and make their organizations more effective and efficient
- Lead workshops that look for ways to improve manufacturing organizations and processes
- Be ready to rack up those air miles with travel to clients Monday through Friday
Here’s what you need:
- At least 5 years’ experience working with forecasting, planning and inventory optimization
- At least 3 years working as a consultant
- Industry experience in Consumer Goods, Life Sciences, Retail or Automotive/Industrial
- A Bachelor’s Degree
Bonus points if:
- You can use the latest data analytics tools to spot where clients can improve their forecasting and inventory management
- Experienced in business case development, process design, org and operating model design
- You can spot where to find new value in inventory management, and explain it simply
- You’ve worked on strategic cost takeout projects
- You know all about Master data, and statistical forecast and demand planning technologies
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
LocationsMA - Boston,NJ - Florham Park,NY - New York,PA - Philadelphia
Jobs Near You
Federal - Web Developer
Posted 1 day ago
USA CA - San Jose
Business Process Delivery
Posted 1 day ago
USA CA - Sacramento
Data Engineer Consultant (Sacramento & Los Angeles)
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 1 day ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.