Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Washington, DC
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation’s priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
- Follow industry best practices and methodologies, including the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) Testing Guide, to perform penetration testing services to uncover vulnerabilities across various web applications
- Perform network penetration testing, using tools such as nmap, Metasploit Pro, Cobalt Strike
- Test web services using automated web application scanning methodologies and tools (e.g. IBM AppScan, HP WebInspect, Acunetix WVS, etc.)
- Test web services using a manual in-depth testing methodologies and tools (e.g. Burp Suite Pro, ZAP Proxy, IronWASP, etc.)
- Summarize and document results of testing for management reporting including proper disposition of test exceptions
- Research new threats, attack vectors, and risk
- Report on security vulnerabilities via formal reports and weekly status updates
- Verify the security findings from other members of the penetration testing team
- 3 years of prior work experience in IT security
- 1 year of experience with penetration testing
- Must be self-motivated and results oriented
- Effective written and oral communication skills and interpersonal communication skills
- Detail oriented and analytical
- Essential that the candidate is a team-player
- Engineering Experience with web application penetration testing tools preferred, such as Burp Suite Pro, IBM AppScan, HP WebInspect, etc...
- Ability to work independently and also collaborating closely with application developers, engineers and others
- Vulnerability assessments followed by providing best security practice recommendations and countermeasures
- Strong familiarity with multiple operating systems, databases, applications and platforms
- Understanding of SQL, XSS, CSRF, XXE, and other trends in web exploitation
- Thorough understanding of computer networking and the OSI model
- Cyber-threat research, reporting and development/implementation of vulnerability mitigation strategies
- Experience with network, web, and information security
- Self-starter with ability work with little supervision
- Programming experience
- Knowledge of exploit development
- Familiarity in one or more of the following areas: application security, Linux/Windows system security, mobile device security, cloud technologies (IaaS, SaaS environments, etc.), and web technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience evaluating IT process areas, such as logical and physical access, program development, change management, IT operations etc.
- Strong project management skills and ability to multi-task
- Industry certifications relating to IT security and program management preferred (GIAC, GPEN, OSCP, CEH)
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
LocationsDC,DC - Washington
Jobs Near You
Industry X.0 - Manufacturing System Sr Analyst - Life Sciences
Business & Technology Integration
USA VA - Arlington
Federal - Remote Security Engineer- Splunk
SAP EWM Associate Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.