Location: San Antonio, TX
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So you can deliver what matters most.Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation’s priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
Technology professionals implement and lead highly complex technology projects. Working with clients, they design, develop and deliver innovative technology solutions that drive high performance. These professionals may build, test, install and maintain software across a variety of projects and industries, working with leading enterprise applications such as SAP, Siebel, PeopleSoft and Oracle or with custom-built applications, and they are involved in a wide range of challenging global technology projects.
The (Automated) Testing System Associate creates and maintains automated test scripts across various stages of the product life cycle or as a member of a scrum team.
Overall Responsibilities include:
- Planning, scripting and executing automated tests
- Developing functional knowledge in system applications
- Developing deep skills in automated testing tools and scripting/coding languages
- Creating automated test scripts based on designs and direction from the test lead
- Submitting scripts to peer and supervisor review process
- Identifying data required for execution
- Assessing deviations from expected execution results to determine if there are defects in the automated tests or the system under test
- Working with development teams to resolve design issues discovered during testing phases
- Communicating software issues to the development teams
- Coordinating environment usage and job scheduling with other test team members
- Remain focused upon continuous improvement of the testing process through the use of automation tools, training, and quality/peer reviews
- Continue to develop own industry, functional, technical, and administrative skills
- 4 year degree OR 4 years of active military experience OR 1 year or problem solving work experience in a professional setting OR completion of CodeUp training program in San Antonio or AFS sponsored internship program (i.e. career skills program)
- US Citizenship - no dual citizenship
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Software testing experience
- Development experience
- 4-year degree
- Good communication (written & oral) and interpersonal skills
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is a federal contractor, an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.