Location: Arlington, VA
We are: We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
You are: Deputy Software Development Lead
- Works with product owners and PM to interpret feature requests, develop complete user stories, prioritize and sequence work items, and develop software in iterative design/build/test cycles using Agile scrum and Kanban development processes.
- Designs full stack enterprise applications utilizing multiple proprietary and open source frameworks, to include technologies such as
- (front-end) Angular, jQuery, bootstrap;
- (MVC) Spring, Spring Boot, .NET MVC;
- (Web Service/SOA) REST, SOAP, ActiveMQ, ESB, Mulesoft;
- (DBMS) MongoDB, Postgres, Oracle, SQL Server
- Regularly check code into our continuous integration pipeline based on Git and Jenkins to incrementally build our overall system and get immediate feedback on build performance
- Develops and expands unit and integration tests which will be automatically run by the build pipeline for developer feedback using JUnit and other tools like Geb, Spock, Serenity, Cucumber and Selenium
- Assists in resolving production support problems. Develops and suggests alternative approaches to resolving problems.
- Provides hands-on technical and best practice direction to project team and oversee the work of team members to ensure they meet or exceed performance standards and enforce standards and best practices
- Works with Product Owner to ensure the Acceptance Criteria is defined with clear pass/fail requirements that state the conditions of satisfaction
- Ensures code base is testable, efficient, maintainable, and remains compliant with the various standards
- Conducts light-weight internal code reviews to validate compliance test-ability, and maintainability at each sprint
- Mentors junior member on the team
- Proactively communicates with the development and management teams to anticipate configuration management issues/processes
- Proactively seeks opportunities to implement improvements to internal team processes
- Contributes to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organizations Agile project life-cycle
- 8 years of recent experience developing and implementing software solutions using Java or .Net technologies
- 3 years of experience working in a scrum-based agile environment
- 3 years of experience with development using CI/CD pipeline (i.e. Jenkins)
- Solid familiarity around traditional SQL databases (i.e. Oracle, SQL server, Postgres)
- Expert in using and managing change management tools, Git, Subversion, TortoiseSVN, and build server software (Jenkins/Bamboo)
- Experience with a wide variety of testing tools and techniques (i.e. Junit)
- Experience in all phases of the SDLC including success deploying to production
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline
- 4 years of Ruby on Rails
- Solid understanding and working experience with Git branching and merging
- Understanding of continuous integration and deployment best practices
- Working experience with code quality inspection tools (e.g., Sonar)
- Working experience with monitoring systems, continuous integration systems, middleware & database components with Puppet & Chef
- Working knowledge of TDD and automation test scripts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across multiple teams and government organizations
- Understanding of HTTP/S and related protocols
- Experience with other open-source components a plus, including Gradle, Activiti / jBPM, jQuery, MuleSoft, Geb and Spock
- Experience with a wide variety of testing tools and techniques, ex. Junit
- Experience with Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, and User Acceptance Testing phases
- Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing Agile environment
- Master’s Degree in a technical or business discipline
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.