Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
As a Federal - Entry Level ABAP Developer, you will assist with the technical design, coding and unit testing of the SAP ERP Central Component (ECC), Public Sector Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), Supply Chain Management (SCM), Business Warehouse (BW) reporting, and is involved in maintenance, enhancement and/or development work of SAP modules and those that interface with other applications. You will have a range of skills and knowledge of the technologies used and applications supported by Client Service Teams.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Acquiring technical skillset in analysis, design, code and testing within emerging SAP technologies such as Suite on HANA, S/4 HANA, SAP NetWeaver Gateway/OData, Personas, and associated technical tooling
- Understanding the technical analysis, design, code and testing of components of SAP ERP Central Component (ECC), Public Sector Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), Supply Chain Management (SCM), and Business Warehouse (BW) reporting
- Understanding the maintenance, enhancement and/or development work of SAP components and those that interface with other applications
- Growing a range of skills and knowledge of the technologies used and applications supported by Client Service Team
- Working with Client, Accenture, and Teaming Partner team members to gather and interpret functional user/system requirements into technical design specifications
- Developing technical system specifications and designing SAP code to technical programming standards for break/fix requests and enhancements to SAP modules
- Providing secondary support toward installation of application releases into production as directed
- Anticipating, identifying, tracking and resolving issues and risks affecting the applications
Basic Skills & Qualifications:
- US Citizen (no dual citizenship)
- Bachelor of Science (BS) OR Bachelor of Arts (BA) Degree
- Minimum of 6 months of knowledge of SAP ABAP OR Web development OR other software development language/syntax and logic
- Minimum of 6 months of experience with MS Office Suite
- Must be local to Mechanicsburg, PA area or willing to relocate
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- US Federal Government IT experience
- Exposure to Systems Lifecycle Methodology (Waterfall/Agile)
- Prior IT Production Support experience
- Prior ABAP development experience in any SAP modules (FM, FI, CO, MM, PP, etc.)
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.