Organization: Corporate Functions/Legal and Commercial
Location: Washington, DC
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 469,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Legal and Commercial Services professionals deliver and coordinate legal, contract and commercial advice and counsel in support of Accenture's or our clients' business, working to manage and mitigate risk and ensure ethical behavior and compliance with laws and company policies.
- Work within North America Government Relations to lead in the development and implementation of policy, regulatory, and government relations strategies that advance Accenture Security’s global business.
- Coordinate Accenture Government Relations resources to monitor, analyze, and report on relevant cybersecurity legislative and regulatory policies that would/could impact Accenture, as well as its partners and clients
- Facilitate and advance senior leadership engagement in government relations strategies on cybersecurity issues, including development of relationships with policymakers, regulators, trade associations, think tanks, and industry stakeholders across sectors, particularly critical infrastructure.
- Advocate on behalf of the company before policymakers regulators, trade associations, think tanks, and industry stakeholders.
- Coordinate across Accenture operating groups, and work collaboratively with our business and communications/marketing teams to identify and create impactful, business-relevant cybersecurity policy positioning opportunities.
- Coordinate with the Accenture Government Relations outreach and advocacy teams to develop and implement a political engagement strategy that includes building support for the voluntary political action committee (PAC) and coordinating disbursements consistent with that strategy.
- Work collaboratively across Legal and with other corporate functions to manage reputational and enterprise risks to the company as required.
- Lead in the coordination of outside consultants for cybersecurity advocacy before policymakers, regulators, trade associations, think tanks, and industry stakeholders.
- Build deep relationships with policymakers, industry trade associations, think tanks, alliance partners, and industry representatives.
- Work as a senior member of the global government relations team to work collaboratively to identify & create opportunities that advance shared priorities and objectives
- Government officials
- External lobbyists
- Trade associations
- Industry representatives
- Outside ethics counsel
- External consultants
- Some travel required
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a combination of government, policy, advocacy, and/or business roles.
- Advanced Degree
- Strong understanding of legislative and regulatory organizations and processes, as well as policies and policymakers of interest and important to the company.
- Strong understanding of cybersecurity marketplace, as well as current cybersecurity policy topics and associated political dynamics.
- Ability to translate business goals into results through the development and execution of effective business development, policy, regulatory, and advocacy strategies.
- Ability to lead and leverage internal staff, subject matter experts and external consultants to advance strategies and objectives.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills, for both internal and external audiences.
- Strong writing and legislative/policy/regulatory analysis skills.
- Reputation for having the highest ethical standards and integrity.
- Understanding of business offerings of operating groups and service lines as well as company’s clients.
- Proven ability to organize, manage and deliver on metrics of major projects on a deadline and within a budget.
- Proven ability to effectively handle multiple complex projects and issues on the legislative, procurement, legal and compliance fronts.
- Proven ability to work with senior company executives, colleagues, outside regulatory officials and industry contacts.
- Proven ability to lead and manage others to advance the objectives of the office and the company
- Strong team building and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian.
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian.
LocationsDC,DC - Washington
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement, Requesting an Accommodation, and Other Employment Statements
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs such as for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009 or send us an email.
Other Employment Statements
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.