Role: Sales Associate Director Health & Public Sector - Provider
Organization: Accenture Technology
Location: Philadelphia, New York
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in the Sales career track grow pipeline and sales by supporting, managing or leading the origination and/or closing of sales opportunities in a specific area or across a range of Accenture offerings. They progress by deepening sales skills and/or developing new related skills, growing into a more complex sales role, laterally, upward, or in their current role.
Sales professionals drive the sales process and outcomes on a dedicated basis, growing a profitable pipeline and/or backlog of sales, through deal origination, qualification, sales negotiations and closure. These professionals involve multiple activities like target the right clients, grow quality pipeline, win profitable deals and manage sales activities with the objective of creating mutually beneficial, trust-based relationships that create value.
The Health & Public Service (H&PS) operating group serves health providers and payers, government agencies, institutions and nonprofit organizations worldwide providing a broad range of consulting, technology, system integration and business processing services, including outsourcing.
The Technology Sales Associate Director North-East serves in an individual contributor role originating and closing System Integration, Application and Infrastructure Outsourcing opportunities in target accounts, and as a sales leader responsible for growing our Technology sales with and through other H&PS executives.
This Lead is accountable for driving incremental sales in the Application Services arena on existing assigned accounts as well as whitespace accounts. This role focuses on selling Systems Integration (SI) and Application/Infrastructure Outsourcing (AO/IO) deals. SI deals include but are not limited to implementations, deployments, upgrades, testing, factory development, project control services or other staff augmentation opportunities. AO/IO deals would include larger multi-year outsourcing deals as well as smaller staff augmentation opportunities for applications and infrastructure.
The Technology Services Sales Associate director may be targeted to a single geography or work across multiple geographies. This role reports to the Technology Provider Sales lead NA and works closely with the CSG Technology/other leadership and Client Account Leads.
The successful candidate will manage sales campaigns for top Technology opportunities in the North-East and will be responsible for day-to-day campaign management, with emphasis on opportunity qualification, win strategy definition/execution, proposal development, orals presentation, and support of contract negotiations. This successful candidate will also apply Accenture's corporate strategies, client service group priorities, and formal sales campaign management processes to secure new contracts and deliver sales that meet or exceed financial goals within acceptable risk parameters.
- Sales: Developing new Client relationships and manage those effectively, originating new sales opportunities, Validating, qualifying, and closing sales opportunities
- Expand our work in new areas of the client’s business through new offerings and services through approved contracting channels
- Respond to RFPs around specific, approved opportunities
- Provides solutions to complex business problems where analysis of situations requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Interacts with senior management levels at a client and/or within Accenture, which involves negotiating or influencing on significant matters.
- Manages large work efforts as an individual contributor at a client or within Accenture.
- Achieve Technology Services contract controllable income (CCI) targets, forecasts, puts/takes
- Ensure adoption and compliance with Accenture Delivery Methods in accordance with Policy 11, including the creation and maintenance of the management plans (e.g., Business Continuity, etc.)
- Work with Provider Market Leads, Client Account Leads and/or Technical Services Leads and other Sales leads to collaborate and drive incremental revenue growth through further expansion of footprint at client
- Leverage industry expertise to influence client in resourcing strategies
- Participate in Account planning and forecasting activities.
Travel up to 80%
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree
- 12 years or more of experience with strong sales/relationship management and account management experience in the IT services industry with top tier global delivery service providers
- Minimum 5 years’ experience selling Application and Infrastructure Technology Services consulting and/or outsourcing services within the Healthcare Provider industry
- Minimum of 5 years of Healthcare experience with a focus on the Provider – Health systems Technology sales and other Health experiences like Payer, PBM and Pharmacy would be an added relevant skillset.
- Experience on Originating and building a business in a new market segment and whitespace geographies is very critical
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in direct sales with quota of $10M - $20M+
- Previous experience in conceptualizing, planning, and implementing/selling implementation work for new products or services for a large business entity
- Experience of working in a Global Delivery Model
- Proven capability of building relationships with CXO/Director/VP level client contacts
- Knowledge of industry specific products, services and solutions
- Good understanding of industry specific business issues and drivers
- Proven experience in rapidly growing accounts
- Hands-on experience with proposal/RFP creation and leading RFP/proposal presentations
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Proven sales leadership originating and closing technology services opportunities
- New IT conversant
- Client facing (from deal qualification through close)
- Has or will earn credibility with Technology and other executives
- Understands Accenture Technology offerings including supporting differentiation and value propositions
- Ability to network across Accenture
- High energy level, sense of urgency, decisiveness and ability to work well under pressure
- Strong facilitation and communication skills - both written and verbal
- Team player of unquestionable integrity, credibility and character
- Strong leadership, problem solving, and decision-making abilities
- Ability to interface and negotiate with senior executives
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization
that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment
authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a federal contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement, Requesting an Accommodation, and Other Employment Statements
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs such as for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009 or send us an email.
Other Employment Statements
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Jobs Near You
USA CO - Denver
Sales Origination Associate Director
Posted 1 day ago
USA MO - Kansas City
Technology and Operations Social Media Associate Manager
Posted 1 day ago
USA CA - San Francisco
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 1 day ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.