People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture Federal Services as a high-performance business through specialization within internal functional areas. Professionals in our corporate functions run and manage AFS’s internal operations and all activities across our business, from finance, HR and legal to workplace management, operations and marketing and communications. They are the engine that powers Accenture Federal Services, enabling AFS to provide the capabilities and expertise the Federal Government needs to operate at peak performance.
Within Client Financial Management, we recruit well-rounded candidates who perform well academically while being actively engaged on-campus and/or professionally. We are looking for high-flyers with an intellectual curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit, who can build relationships, lead others and who aren’t afraid to question the norm. Candidates should be interested in and passionate about how finance can drive business outcomes.
Client Financial Management acts as the CFO for our AFS portfolios, client accounts, and contracts. Our professionals are aligned to AFS’s own client teams and are accountable for AFS’s financial health, providing analysis and advice to program and client leads helping drive better business results. The organization’s primary corporate finance activities include accurate forecasting and reporting, cash flow optimization, and financial analysis.
Other responsibilities include:
- Leading account level forecast reviews with senior leadership, analyzing variances to clearly articulate financial position, and recommending forecasts that transparently reflect both risks and growth opportunities
- Managing Internal Controls to ensure compliance with GAAP and Federal contract requirements
- Supervising a team of analysts through effective communication and continuous development
- Strategizing how to maximize team member skill development and proactively structure team to fit the needs of programs they support
- Establishing trusting relationships with Project Management and other Corporate Functions teams
- Diagnosing financial drivers and leveraging analytics to make recommendations to key stakeholders
- Developing innovative solutions to overcome complex revenue and profitability challenges
- Analyzing and forecasting cash conversion expectations to optimize cash flow
- Inspiring a culture of innovation by pursuing ideas that leverage emerging technologies, enable efficiencies, and enable our teams to focus on being a business advisor
- Leading initiatives, focusing on collaboration and inclusion within AFS and the local community
- US Citizenship required
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or other comparable business major
- 2 years of accounting or finance experience
- 6 months federal contracting experience
- 6 months of supervisory experience or significant leadership experience demonstrating readiness to supervise effectively
- Strong Excel skills, including an understanding of pivot tables and VLOOKUP/SUMIF functions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of U.S. GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint, TM1, and Qlikview
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement, Requesting an Accommodation, and Other Employment Statements
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs such as for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009 or send us an email.
Other Employment Statements
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.