ARE YOU READY to step up to the New and take your technology expertise to the nextlevel?
Do you have a passion for using new technologies to make a positive impact on business and community? Want a role that provides you with a sense of purpose and satisfaction? Then join Accenture Technology and build a rewarding career improving the way the world works and lives, as you help clients shift to the New using leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Thrive in our highly collaborative, digitally-driven and innovation-led environment. Nurture your talent for thoughtful and game changing solutions in our inclusive culture that values diversity of ideas, experiences and backgrounds.
WORK YOU’LL DO
As a Performance Diagnostic Engineer, some of your key responsibilities may include:
- Defining the strategy for enabling performance diagnostics and monitoring through the use of an Application Performance Management (APM) tool, other monitoring tools, and diagnostic techniques.
- Identifying, evaluating, and recommending monitoring tools and diagnostic techniques relevant to the application architecture. Assess gaps in as-is monitoring tool capabilities and recommend tools to augment or replace.
- Learning an application's design to assess for performance risks and identify areas to apply past learnings
- Instrumenting applications to enable performance diagnostics and monitoring
- Collaborating with Performance Engineering leads and project team to review and refine application NFRs, SLAs, & KPIs to create acceptance criteria and performance budgets necessary to measure, validate, and improve performance
- Collaborating with developers to promote the concept of performance engineering during all phases of the SDLC to detect and correct performance issues earlier in the lifecycle
- Monitoring application performance during performance tests or production usage through the use of APM and other monitoring tools to isolate the fault domain, dive deep into application code, and identify root cause of performance issues.
- Utilizing static code and dynamic code analysis to identify performance and maintenance concerns
- Profiling application performance from end-user perspective to inventory performance concerns and suggest tuning opportunities across the application stack
- Performing deep dive JVM analysis examining garbage collection logs, heap dumps, and thread dumps as needed.
- Documenting performance findings and recommendations
- Interacting with client and/or Accenture development, operations, and infrastructure resources to recommend solutions to remediate performance issues
- Participating in re-architecture, redesign, and refactoring decisions to satisfy performance requirements
- Developing dashboards and reports to provide ongoing visibility into the performance of client applications
- Contributing learnings and experiences to the Accenture Performance Engineering community
*This role requires 100% travel flexibility to travel and work onsite with clients (typically Monday - Thursday)
- Minimum of 3 years' hands-on experience with performance tuning, diagnostic or monitoring
- Minimum of 3 years' hands-on design / development experience (e.g. Java, .Net, etc.)
- Minimum of 1-year hands-on experience performance diagnostics tools (e.g. AppDynamics, Dynatrace, New Relic, CA APM (previously Wily Introscope), etc.)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (minimum 12 years) work experience. (If Associate’s Degree, must have minimum 6 years work experience)
- It is currently our objective to assign our people to work near where they live. However, given the nature of our business and our need to serve clients, our employees must be able to travel when needed. This role requires 100% flexibility to travel and work onsite with clients (typically Monday through Thursday).
- Experience delivering software designed for high concurrency, scalability, or availability
- Experience using Application Performance Management (APM) tools (e.g. AppDyanmics, DynaTrace, New Relic, CA Introscope APM, HP Diagnostics)
- Hands-on experience collecting performance data, analyzing, troubleshooting, and tuning
- Hands on analysis, reverse engineering, debugging, and profiling Java code (e.g. Eclipse Profiler, Eclipse TPTP, JProbe, JProfiler, Yourkit, VisualVM, Valgrind, NetBeans profiler, JConsole, JBoss Profiler, JAMon, JRocket Flight Recorder)
- Exposure to Cloud, SaaS, and virtualization concepts and performance concerns
- Exposure to application threading and concurrency concerns
- Working knowledge of operating system design , processes, and threading model
Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
WHAT´S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive benefits, including a fair and balanced parental leave policy.
- At Accenture, we believe in bringing the best to our clients through continuous learning & improvement – from basic skills to industry-specific content – available to all our people.
- Career coaching and mentorship to help you manage your career and develop professionally.
- Performance Achievement – our performance management process that focuses on your strengths, progress and career possibilities.
- Fantastic opportunities to develop your career across a variety of clients.
- Opportunities to get involved in corporate citizenship initiatives, from volunteering to doing charity work.
LocationsIL - Chicago,KS - Overland Park,TX - Dallas
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement, Requesting an Accommodation, and Other Employment Statements
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs such as for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009 or send us an email.
Other Employment Statements
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Jobs Near You
USA CO - Denver
Sales Origination Associate Director
Posted 1 day ago
USA MO - Kansas City
Technology and Operations Social Media Associate Manager
Posted 1 day ago
USA CA - San Francisco
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 1 day ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.