Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 469,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
People in our Client Delivery & Operations career track drive delivery and capability excellence through the design, development and/or delivery of a solution, service, capability or offering. They grow into delivery-focused roles, and can progress within their current role, laterally or upward.
Software Engineering professionals work across the Service Delivery Lifecycle to analyze, design, build, test, implement and/or maintain multiple system components or applications for Accenture or our clients.
Application Development professionals develop and design technologies that improve the way our clients and the world works. Supporting the core of Accenture's Technology business, they are eager to learn and use that curiosity to solve Technology problems through developing, designing, and configuring software products or systems that enable client strategies. They use their versatility and experience to design technology solutions that meet client requirements from analysis to implementation.
The Software Developer is responsible for coding the application components as per the low-level technical design document created by the technical leads/senior developers. The senor developer will also validate the design by performing appropriate unit testing and ensure configuration control is maintained at all times. The Software Developer mentors junior developers and performs QC checks on code components developed by them.
Responsibilities include, but may not be restricted to:
- Work closely with Technical Lead for understanding the functional and technical design
- Develops and configures automation processes as per the technical design document (TDD) to meet the defined requirements. Works on the coding the more complicated automations or reusable components.
- Develops new processes/tasks/objects using core workflow principles that are efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand.
- Complies with and helps to enforce design and coding standards, policies and procedures.
- Ensures documentation is well maintained.
- Ensures quality of coded components by performing thorough unit testing.
- Works collaboratively with test teams during the Product test and UAT phases to fix assigned bugs with quality.
- Reports status, issues and risks to tech leads on a regular basis
- Improves skills in automation products by completing automation certification.
- Mentors junior developers and performs code reviews for quality control.
- A minimum of one year of professional software development experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (minimum 12 years) work experience. (If Associate’s Degree, must have minimum 6 years work experience)
- Experience with Object-Oriented Programming
- Working experience in coding on at least 2 projects
- Understands development methodology and lifecycle
- RPA Tools Training (Blue Prism/Automation Anywhere)
- It is currently our objective to assign our people to work near where they live. However, given the nature of our business and our need to serve clients, our employees must be able to travel when needed. This role requires 100% flexibility to travel and work onsite with clients (typically Monday through Thursday).
Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.